Senior Economic Capital Analyst
ING Group Treasury (Balance Sheet & Capital Management) is looking for a senior that has broad experience in developing and rolling out economic capital solutions and frameworks within large international banks.
You enjoy the process of problem solving, are result driven and recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve?
In this role you work closely with a broad set of stakeholders (Risk Management, Finance, front office) with the aim to successfully embed economic capital concepts throughout the organization. You understand the complexities and challenges of the models and can challenge the status quo. You understand the benefits of using economic capital based solutions and are able to sell the concepts throughout the organization with the aim to materialize on the benefits the economic capital framework brings. The role is based in Amsterdam, however you will have exposure to the full ING network.
What you’ll do
Key responsibilities of the senior Economic Capital Analyst:
- Assist in implementing and developing an Economic Capital frameworks consistent with the company’s financial risk strategy and risk appetite
- Understand and challenge adequate economic capital models and risk management processes and procedures consistent to institution’s risk management framework
- Challenge the ‘Internal View’ on Capital
- Define the standards surrounding the economic capital framework and ensure consistent rollout throughout the organisation
- Contribute to defining the Risk Bearing Capacity (=Economic Capital Stack)
- Translate the Economic to the Normative Perspective
- Find user cases for the Economic View throughout the organisation
- Improve processes and methods for ICAAP and economic capital management
- Contribute to the integration of economic capital models into ERM frameworks
- Understand and challenge the institution specific risks and their aggregation
How to succeed
- University degree in an analytical, or quantitative related field of study;
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in a large financial institution
- Relevant work experience with economic capital frameworks and its implementation complexities
- To take decisions at tactical and/or strategic level and therefore build a trusted relationship with senior management level
- To be a team player: we expect from you that you have a valuable contribution to the team goals
- Ability to interact and persuade at all levels within the organization, attention to detail and strong analytical / problem solving skills
- The ability to act and perform successfully in a fast-moving international environment
- Prior experience/interaction with the competent authorities and relevant working experience with models is highly desirable
What we offer
- A fulltime job of 40 hours that fits your schedule to balance work and private life
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Travel reimbursement
- 27 vacation days with 40-hour work week
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
Apply today and upload your CV and Motivation.
Questions? Contact the recruiter in the details to ask for more information. We’re looking forward to hear from you!
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us!