Manager of the department
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
· Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
· Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
· A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
About the Department
The SWIFT & Cash Management Filiere from BNP PARIBAS Group provide corporates with financial services involving collection, handling and processing of cash flows.
These activities aim at managing the acquisition channels (including SWIFT network), payments, and accounting information.
BNP Paribas is in the top 2 European players and a strong worldwide actor in cash management which requires a very high level of quality and a foolproof processing due to the high levels of expectations from customers.
Regarding its strong worldwide presence in Swift & Cash Management, BNP Paribas created a high level dynamic support organization responsible to support a full range of applications and to ensure a stable and resilient production environment for the business and operations.
In order to gather high level profiles to support this business, BNP Paribas chose to operate in a “follow the sun” operating model: the team is organized in 3 different locations: Paris, Singapore & Montreal. These three locations enable 24/7 uninterrupted operations with business hours work around the world.
You will join the SWIFT & Cash Management production support team located in Montreal and will contribute to ensure the quality of production for the entire BNP PARIBAS Group in the scope of Payments, SWIFT and Cash Management. You will thrive and develop your skills in a dynamic, cohesive and a motivated team to meet the challenges related to one of the most critical activity in the BNP PARIBAS Group.
Provide Technical & functional support
- Troubleshoot incidents escalated by worldwide BNPP teams and ensure an appropriate communication to these teams.
Control on a functional level and fix
- Analyze of abnormal trends in business activity, identify gaps in the process with the expected nominal operation and monitor the maintenance operations.
Manage the incidents and crisis communication
- Analyze the criticality of the malfunction and determine the appropriate plan to fix it.
- Identify and coordinate key actors in order to restore the service. Lead crisis committees.
- Communicate and provide status updates on issues to business users, management team and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the post incident review and action plan definition
N.B. – Successful candidate will be required to work in day shifts on weekdays (11.30 am -7.30 pm) and weekends (7am - 2pm or 12am - 7pm) rotation.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the field of IT Application Support, banking operations/client service or Client Management
- A background on Cash Management and/or Swift would be considered as a strong asset
- University degree, preferably Bachelor in IT or Business Administration is a plus for the job.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Languages: Fluent in English & French
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
The candidate should demonstrate a combination of technical and functional skills together with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. She/He must have a genuine willingness to work with time critical operations and high availability systems. She/He must be able to handle and manage tasks with a high level of autonomy and alert or give feedback when required.
- Ability to understand complex functional & technical architectures
- Ability to analyze and understand content of complex file format
- Ability to manage configuration of complex application
- Analytical and information structuring skills
- Trouble shooting and problem solving
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.