People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.The Purchasing dept's ambition is to provide a sustainable competitive advantage through operational excellence (Cat. Mgt.; P2P), driven by ethic and business-minded approach for the best interest of the Roquette Group. Purchasing defines and implements Sourcing & Procurement strategy to grant best access to market solutions and lower Total Cost of Ownership to support our Customers' satisfaction and Business development.
Global Category Manager defines the strategy for the respective portfolio, drafts and manages sourcing/purchasing policy, related activities and associated governance. He/she insures they are fully implemented in each country and in line with Roquette risk management framework and engagement on sustainability
He/she participates to the definition and implements margin management strategy and required tools to manage price risks, and develops processes along with global raw materials market changes.
He/she pilots market strategy analyses, conduct global negotiations and fosters synergies, identifies and shares best-practices and manages the purchasing team located in each country to improve continuously and structurally the efficiency of the sourcing process and the cost of Raw Materials.
He/she works in close connection with other functions/departments (Logistics, Planning, Quality, Manufacturing, Global Business Units……) to fully integrate their needs, support business development and optimize portfolio.
He/she is also responsible for defending Roquette's best interests for Raw Material towards respective authorities and professional associations.
He/she enhances suppliers' relationships and suppliers' performance management process to ensure compliance with Quality and Safety regulation, Roquette standards and customer's needs.
He/she is ultimately responsible for the global performance on his/her portfolio, for which he/she contributes to set up the objectives.
Key Accountabilities :
- Apply and develop a global strategy on portfolio, insuring coherence with Roquette priorities, targets and policies,
- Manage, lead and supervise the category portfolio at Global level, being responsible for result
- Set-up governance, procedures and related processes,
- Insure continuous supply to each of the Group’s plant at the lowest total cost of ownership,
- Enhance Suppliers relationship management
- Participate to margin management development, complying with risk policy,
- Manage respective Country Category Specialists and Global Category Specialist (if any) and efficiently interact with SC Area managers and other Functions/Departments
- Insure full compliance with Quality and Safety regulation, Roquette standards and customer needs
- Grant availability of full scope and high level reporting for the Category.
Key Competencies requirement :
- Raw materials markets expertise, including regulation
- In-depth knowledge of commodity and financial markets,
- Functional and intercultural management - Leadership, assertiveness
- Capacity to prioritize and take quick decision, stress resilient
- Continuous improvement approach - Complex negotiations, international contracts and sourcing
- Analysis and synthesis skills – global thinking,
- Project management,
- Advanced English language
- Used to financial software (Reuters, Bloomberg,…), SAP and Office environment .
Reporting to this position :
Related Country Category Specialists in each subsidiary and Global Category Specialist (if any).
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!