Data Center Operations Region Manager
ORACLE Cloud Infrastructure
Bare Metal Cloud
The next 5-10 years will see the software industry move away from on-premise software solutions towards software delivery via cloud based services. Oracle number one strength is the size and strength of our software portfolio to which most of the business world is already addicted.
Our vision is to bring this to the Cloud from our app server and development tools to our dataset and people management software. We already have the core infrastructure that all of this is built on.
Oracle is maneuvering the entire company’s tech focus to provide this.
Are you interested in being part of our organization supporting large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class, foundational cloud networking services.
We’re looking for hands-on leader, with strong management experience to lead the teams responsible for building and supporting our cloud data centres in Frankfurt. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing and working on many ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As the Data Centre Operations Region Manager you will own and manage teams of Engineers responsible for the availability of the Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure in Country. You should be comfortable with low level operating systems development, able to dive deep into any part of the stack and higher level system interactions. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with a world class team to implement and support cutting edge Oracle technology in Cloud Data Centres.
We are looking for an experienced manager with a desire to lead the region in supporting the data centre environment.
In order to maximize the quality of delivery and reliability you will
- drive appropriate recruitment, ensuring the employment of high quality team members with a passion for excellence
- define and implement alternative resourcing strategies to ensure full coverage
- negotiating and working with local vendors, and will be expected to drive performance and expectations
- Work closely with Human Resources and any local Workers Council to ensure the best possible relationship and care for Oracle employees.
- Implement processes and best practices to conform to local laws, policies and procedures.
- Focus and prioritise appropriately on what is most important to Oracle
Project work will also be a crucial part of the engagement, you will also be
- implementing multi-functional projects and/or systems. Defining and documenting and manage scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria, whilst appropriately managing risk
- Driving the delivery of improvements. Interacting across functional areas to ensure unit objectives are met. Demonstrate a track record of an ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Successful track record as a manager. Detailed knowledge of technical and business concepts of a number of related applications areas. BA/BS degree preferred. Fluency in both German and English is essential.
About the Role :
Do you have what it takes: experience leading growing teams in the development of large scale distributed Management Services, designing and developing the Infrastructure as a services platform that drives Public Cloud, PaaS and SaaS offerings. As the Data Centre Operations Region Manager you will lead a team tasked with providing 24/7 Cloud Data Center support for our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. The position will be based in Frankfurt reporting into the European Director of Data Centre Operations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading, developing, mentoring and growing a dedicated and talented team of our engineers in our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Data Centers.
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership, direction in the regional Data Centres
- Establishing and development of teams to execute to requirements.
- Working with distributed teams and contributing to the success of his/her team and other related teams.
- Coaching and mentoring managers and individual contributors across the organization.
- Growing the team by recruiting and hiring top talent.
- Delivering expansion projects on-time with high quality.
- Collaborating and working effectively with best in class architects, engineers, product managers, QA and Documentation teams.
Candidate can expect:
- A stable environment with low turnover and great opportunities to grow.
- A merit-based organization.
- An opportunity to contribute to a well recognized, revenue-producing Oracle product that has thousands of customers.
- Challenging and diverse projects.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
What you need to know to be successful in this role:
- 7 years or more of proven IT leadership and management in the technology market.
- A deep understanding of managing resources in Germany and the local law.
- In depth knowledge of the Data Center ecosystem. (cooling, electrical, networking, and structured cabling)
- 5 years or more of Vendor relationship management and negotiations.
- Deep experience with distributed, highly scalable, multi-node environments.
- Written and Spoken fluency in both English and German
Work with a world class team to develop, implement, and support cutting edge Oracle technology.
Manages teams supporting and/or implementing multi-functional and/or multi-location projects and/or systems. Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria. Develops and manages an effective risk mitigation strategy for the project(s).
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Successful track record as a manager. Detailed knowledge of technical and business concepts of a number of related applications areas. BA/BS degree preferred.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).