Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Play as a Team, Compete Every Day, Demonstrate Integrity, Have Fun and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You are part of Brooks.
General Position Description:
Sustainability Chemical Engineer II will manage and execute sustainable bottom compounds and process projects, utilizing advanced product and process knowledge. You will work with cross-functional teams and vendors to create the R&D process to manufacture sustainable Brooks products. You will use your technical knowledge to define and execute sustainable material and engineering solutions to help us bring to fruition the Circular Product Vision, our strategic sustainability vision for zero waste, while maintaining the craftsmanship, quality and performance attributes that have made Brooks the world’s leading manufacturer of performance running footwear.
You will have solid experience on advance compound, process and sustainable material development, with a minimum 10 year+ global chemical company or brand/footwear experience.
· Plan and execute compounds and sustainable projects development according to the critical dates per the footwear seasonal calendar to ensure on–time delivery of samples and trial reports, data collection and stage report.
· Partner with the Innovation team and CR Manager on product readiness –lead the creation of new sustainable compounds or processes which are ready to move into mass production.
· Organize, process and track sustainable project trials on the vendor factory floor level, and lead technical aspects of PFC to ensure a smooth transition. Act as a technical resource for inline/blue line development.
· Work collaboratively with the development, commercialization and manufacturing teams to drive compliance with Brooks Best Practices .
· Continually seek and provide solutions to engineering and manufacturing issues identified during execution of new compounds and sustainable technology.
· Coach and mentor colleagues. Assist in training for Brooks production teams and factory personnel.
· Spend at least 70 % of working time on the factory floor working closely with the factory/production team to resolve all project related issues.
· Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering or related education/experience
· 8 years+ working experience as manager/technician background in Chemical Engineering preferred.
· Project management skill is essential to this role
· Must be able to travel flexibly global and even short term (3-6 months) assignment outside of your location country.
· Must be fluent in English (writing and speaking) and have the ability to communicate clearly with Asia/USA teams.
· Strong communication, organizational skills and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment is essential.
· Practical working experience in all the areas of production is essential.
· Good knowledge in RB/EVA/PU/Adhesive process and testing.
· Expert knowledge of test methods/protocols used in materials, components and complete shoe testing
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Location : Dongguan, China
Reports to : Engineering Manager- Innovation
Department : Footwear R&D - 32
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.