Recruiting for a Chief Financial Officer with biotech and public company experience to join our client’s leadership team. This person will report to the CEO and serve as a reliable business partner to the CEO, the leadership team, and the Board.
The CFO will play a critical role in driving the future of the company and will be a visible strategic leader, building a high-performance finance team that can execute the company’s vision for both organic and inorganic growth.
The CFO will possess a record of demonstrated success in building and managing a high-performance finance function, with proven experience attracting, developing, and retaining ‘A+’ Players to meet the demands of a fast-growing business.
- Biotech industry experience and must take on the role of a full partner and advisor to the CEO
- Able to take a prominent voice in investor relations and communications to the Board
- Possess the skills to communicate the company’s story to investors
- You need to be able to tell the story, ranging from the sophisticated science to the product and sales details, while still being able to sign off on the Ks and Qs.
- Because biopharma is lived in discovery stages, the CFO must change with it
- A track record of originating and closing equity deals, and should have a list of potential financing sources that are willing to take their call
- Have already run the marathon of taking a company public - and wants to do it again
- Experience with VC firms, or raising priced equity rounds as needed
- Reports directly to the CEO
- Interacts frequently with members of the senior leadership team
- As a business partner to the CEO and senior leadership team, the CFO will assess organizational performance against both the prior year results, the annual budget, and the company’s long-term strategy
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Oversees long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the company’s strategic plans
- Advise the CEO on business development and strategic planning
- Assist in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Reviews and approves board packages, quarterly and annual shareholder reports
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures for the company
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting to the company’s CEO and leadership team
- Ensures GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Represents the company to business partners, analysts, investors, including financial institutions and auditors
- Managing all short and long-term strategic financial objectives of the company, supporting the executive team with vital financial information and operational analytics, and driving a culture of accountability in managing the business.
- Assist the CEO in the successful growth of the organization, including capital raising strategies
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration. MBA a plus
- Certified public accountant designation (CPA) preferred
- At least 15 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Biotech, Life Science, or Drug Development industry experience required
- Must have public company experience
- IPO experience a strongly preferred
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be Market Rate