Chief Technology Officer (new business launch)
Mantel Group is an Australian-owned, 'house of brands' company with five technology businesses (our new Microsoft brand being one of them!) aswell as DigIO, Eliiza, Kasna & CMD Solutions. Since our inception in November 2017, our team has grown to over 300 people across Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane and we are not showing any signs of slowing down!
About our new Microsoft brand:
Passion for technology drives us. Innovation and collaboration defines us. But it’s our awesome people that really set us apart.
We've built our business on Microsoft. Building great technology solutions is at the core to what we do. Our consultants provide deep, cross-industry expertise and a courageous point of view to help you break through barriers and forge a clear path forward. From platform enablement and building cloud-native apps to DevOps transformations and data pipelines, we’ll help you get the most out of your technology investments while mitigating the risks that come with change.
We are a passionate team of platform and application development engineers, made up of some of the brightest minds in the industry. We foster a culture of innovation and bring this to every engagement. Our mission is to bring together leading technology, people, products and data to create solutions that allow our customers to focus on what they do best. How? By solving complex real-world problems in beautifully uncomplicated and repeatable ways, building real partnerships with our clients, delivering business value and attracting the very best people.
This is your chance to join a young, ambitious company with huge plans to disrupt and lead in the Microsoft ecosystem, as well as accelerate your career. Help us shape the solutions for tomorrow.
So you’re ready for something new?
As the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of our new Microsoft brand, you will work with other smart, passionate and skilled people to deliver high quality outcomes to clients. This is a pivotal executive level appointment at an exciting time - with high growth anticipated, the CTO will help deliver on the company growth strategy, while leading a best-in-class multi-disciplined technical team.
The customer focused and innovative CTO will have a commercial mindset and ensure all technical aspects of client projects are delivered to a high quality and the organisation delivers a superb customer experience at all times.
While not a hands-on development role, the CTO will have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft cloud platform and the full development life cycle with an emphasis on mobile and web technologies, acting as technical advisor for some major clients while mentoring and developing team members.
You will be instrumental in creating the most prominent brand in market associated with Microsoft offerings. With our diverse range of clients and projects, no day will look the same - but here’s a snapshot of what’s in store:
- Developing the company’s strategy for using technological resources
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Evaluating and implementing new Azure services, infrastructure design patterns, competitor offerings, etc.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Hands-on/supervise development of solution accelerators to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to external partners (client & Microsoft) and the wider Mantel Group
- Work in a pre-sales capacity to define and shape projects and set technical direction for delivery projects
- Provide technical leadership to the team and/or act as an escalation point for any engineering issues
- Define the engineering culture and provide mentoring to principal engineers
- Participate in technical interviews for new prospective recruits
If you’re the right CTO for us, you’ll have:
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Experience in a leading tech consultancy (desirable)
- Experience within Microsoft in the APAC region, be recognised as a Microsoft MVP or have existing relationships with key technical points of contact at Microsoft (desirable)
- The ability to switch from an MVP mindset to sound architectural solutioning to the attention to detail required for quality delivery
- Experience developing technical strategic plans and solution offerings
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Technologies - Azure, .NET, .NET Core
- A passion for building high performing engineering and technology teams, with a track record in attracting, motivating, developing and retaining talent
- Strategic thinking and strong business acumen
- Excellent client facing skills - pre-sales, consultation and project delivery
Seriously, we mean it when we say our people are our greatest asset, so we go to extreme lengths to provide an environment where everyone can be their best.
- We make sure you’re always one step ahead by investing your learning and development, every year. We build our own training where it doesn’t exist yet - it’s in our best interest to teach you things you don’t already know.
- You and your family’s health are most important to us. We know everyone is walking their own individual path in life, so we offer Flexible Leave for those times in your life when you need extra support.
- We know you won’t have one job for life. That’s why we’re building a group of companies with open borders - we can support you to take on new skills and challenges without leaving an awesome team.
- We want each person to tailor their working conditions whether that be remotely every now and then, or on a permanent basis - we know how to actually do ‘flexibility’ not just talk about it.
- Learning from experienced and inspirational leaders across the collective brands of Mantel Group, including DigIO, Eliiza, Kasna and CMD Solutions.
- You’ll be joining a passionate and supportive team who’ll move mountains to help you achieve your objective.
- We hire smart people and get out of their way. By focusing on our five principles and not getting caught up in red tape, we trust you to get the job done.
- We may only be just over 3 years old but Mantel Group has already been recognised #4 in the AFR’s 2020 fastest growing new companies and placed in the Top 10 Great Places to Work Australia 2020.
- You’ll get all the tools you need - a new iPhone or Google phone, a new Macbook Pro or Dell, and a lot of branded swag!
Sounds like a good match for you?
Click “Apply” to share your details with the Mantel Group Talent team & we will be in touch.
We value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and minority groups to apply.
In the meantime, get to know us better by visiting our website and following Mantel Group on LinkedIn.