Founded in 1976, Samtec is a privately held, $700 million global manufacturer of a broad line of electronic interconnect solutions. What drives us at Samtec is the knowledge that our products enable engineers to create great things. When we innovate electronics capable of moving signals at faster speeds, smaller footprints, and higher densities, we know that we’re providing designers access to the technologies that they need to do the jobs that impact all of our lives. Whether it’s advanced medical equipment with the ability to save lives, energy efficient products that make our living spaces more comfortable, communications products that bring us together, or any number of other innovations, we feel good about our part in making those things possible. With 33 locations in 18 different countries, Samtec’s global presence enables its unmatched customer service.
The China Trade Compliance Regulations Manager will direct and manage company trade compliance activities within China to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding import and export controls. You will be responsible for trade compliance across all company locations in China. In addition, you will act as an expert for matters in trade compliance and as a co-manager with the China Trade Compliance Operations Manager. This position will assist in providing strategic, operational and transactional level support, direction and guidance for all matters involving international trade.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
- Assist in developing and deploying trade compliance control programs on import and export regulatory compliance in China.
- Interface with China Customs; local, province, regional, and national Customs branches under the General Administration of Customs China (GACC), China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM), and any other government agencies surrounding Trade.
- Understand other international governments Trade and Customs laws and practices, specifically those in the U.S.: Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. State Department – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), U.S. Treasury Office Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and other government agencies as they apply.
- Serves as an expert on China export/import requirements.
- Analyzes and interprets requirements for compliance as they relate to:General Administration of Customs China (GACC), China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM), and other applicable Government Agency rules and regulations.
- Builds strong relationships and company reputation as it relates to Samtec’s commitment to a culture of compliance, maintaining appropriate visibility and involvement in the region’s ethics and compliance community.
- Create strong partnership with Samtec China Trade Compliance Operations Manager to assist in trade compliance matters.
- Review, respond to, and escalate as necessary all government inquiries related to trade compliance.
- Manage external audits and disclosures for the China Region, provide direction to international manufacturing facilities, sales, procurement, order management, etc. and resolve matters pertaining to export/import transactions and international trade sanctions to ensure compliance with all applicable China and U.S. laws and regulations.
- Oversee and provide guidance on day-to-day compliance matters on restricted party screening, end-use/user restrictions, sanctions, export license determination and drafting license applications, and escalation matters.
- Oversee and provide guidance on opening and closing Processing Contracts and ensuring day-to-day compliance of these contracts and elements used in the reporting them to Customs.
Support and facilitate global business strategies, partnering with internal business units to develop, support or maintain programs/projects by applying regulatory knowledge to assure trade compliance for Samtec. “The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Knowledge of China import and export control laws and regulations as they relate to: General Administration of Customs China (GACC), China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM), and any other government agencies surrounding Trade
- Experience working with Government agencies within China
- Knowledge of AEO, Processing Contracts, Export Controls, China Customs systems and other government programs and applicable tools.
- BS or BA degree and a minimum of 8 years import/export working knowledge
- Any Import/Export certifications a plus
- Experience working for a China Customs or another government agency a plus
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the relevant subject areas
- On the job training as appropriate
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.