About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide direct support to the GAM/FAM for the assigned client portfolio as follows:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, GAMs/ RAMs/FAMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant.
- Contribute to increase limit utilisation
- Contribute to improve flow transactions ie. Trade and FM product and continue to promote digitalization.
- Contribute to increase CASA wallet / liability
- Assist RM in growing the relationship with NTB clients
- Ensure that clients’ complaints are handled properly; all issues are addressed and closed
- Assist RMs in handling TB related business for names not covered by TB.
Documentation: Credit (existing deals – Renewals/Amendments) & Other
- Liaise with Legal & Compliance, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation processes
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard docs from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Liase with COBAM/GAM/FAM if required on CDD related items.
Account Management & Portfolio Quality
- Timely annotation of excess and past due reports, identify red flags in account under management and escalate to CM Head/Leads and RM on the issues
- Minimising and rectifying document deficiencies
- Supporting the RM in completing the client account activity reviews (AAR), ensuring transactional activities are in line with the expected levels of activity for the client given their business profile
- Liaising with IMO to effectively resolve CDD and GIC overdues
- Ensure appropriate transactional support i.e. ensure client cash/cheques are released on time, support loan draw-downs, cash management, release of trade offerings, network account on-boarding and seek transactional approvals as necessary to facilitate faster TAT and in accordance to the bank’s controls and policies.
- Support the RM during account planning exercises, join client visits (where appropriate) and in preparing client briefing notes (where applicable).
- Collaborate with RM and Product Partners in identifying flow business opportunities.
- Identify and resolve client data integrity issues to the relevant owner. Escalate to CM TL when necessary.
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations
- Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Form (SIFs) wherever required within authority
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct, as it relates to the role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture.
- Execute a diligent end-to-end discipline towards compliance to the local regulations & group policies
- Ensure adherence to LLL monitoring
- Senior Banker/Banker for designated portfolio
- Credit Analyst for designated portfolio
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners ie COBAM, Credit, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- CM Team Lead
- Segment Leadership team
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 3+ years experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager role
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.