Athena Cloud operates a world class 24x7 Command and Control Centre (C3) comprised of network operations (NOC), security operations (SOC), enterprise management (EMC) with call center capabilities for a variety of public sector and other enterprise class clients. We operate as a cloud and managed services provider for complex private and hybrid cloud and infrastructure services for large scale deployments. The C3 and call center encompass employees spanning from Level 1 to Level 3 support functions. Our clients count on these functions to provide them effective support for their critical line of business systems around the clock, 365 days a year.
This position is responsible for the overall strategy and effective management of our client-centric C3 and call center. Major activities include systems monitoring, 24x7 client service, support, and ownership of escalations. Establishing and operating an ITIL / ITSM based practice is a large part of this role’s responsibility. Develops a high performing team of leaders to effectively operate a 24x7 operation. Ensures that Athena Cloud’s C3 and Call Centers are structured and staffed appropriately and can deliver the type of world class service our clients expect from us.
Flexibility, a sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability are key to this role’s success. The desire to put the client first and to drive for root cause to remove problems & incidents from our client’s environments are paramount. This position requires both strategic leadership and day to day tactical expertise with a willingness to pitch in and do what's needed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership to the staff to create a highly engaged, high performance team
- Ensure the team effectively manages client and internal incidents. Prioritizes work, allocates resources, removes roadblocks & escalates as necessary to meet SLA
- Owns & manages all aspects of IT Service Management including incident, problem, and change management
- Continuously assesses ITSM processes and their alignment to Athena Cloud’s needs as the organization and products change. Makes proactive changes to the processes to ensure fit for purpose.
- Proactively communicates and promotes services of this group to ensure alignment with other functions to eliminate duplication of effort
- Oversees the support of client implementations and provide early life support
- Recruit, manage, coach and mentor the department managers reporting to this position
- Ensure that client and critical internal systems are monitored and supported. Coordinate with the Engineering and Architecture teams to ensure that all systems operate at peak performance
- Ensure accurate metrics for workflow ticketing application used to track all Operations activities, using the metrics for efficiency evaluation and resource planning
- Manage and coordinate disaster recover and business continuity efforts for the C3
- Manages Severity 1 incidents and drives communications with external parties impacted by the incident
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and client data
- Recruit, manage, coach and mentor the department leaders reporting to this position
- Ensure accurate metrics for workflow ticketing application used to track all internal and customer system activities, using the metrics for efficiency evaluation and resource planning
- Must be willing to travel 2 weeks per month
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Able to act as an ITIL / ITSM evangelist and capable of establishing a supporting practice in a large C3/ Call Center environment
- SLA creation and management experience
- Metrics driven management in a large-scale operation
- Flexible schedule and the ability to work occasional late/early hours as needed
- Solid Project Management Skills
- Ability to align peers and stakeholders on common objectives, ensure adequate funding, prioritization & resources to deliver program success & strong end user adoption
- Ability to anticipate challenges, plan for solutions and garner the support needed to make deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and flexibility to change priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven ability to work closely with a diverse group of executives and customers
- Must be a self-starter with little need for day to day guidance
- Ability to analyze problems and multiple alternate solutions to be able to quickly make decisions
- Excellent listening, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to enjoy administrative work
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize and implement work priorities
- Strong detail orientation, analytical and general business skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, employees, vendors and customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to develop practices, workflows, policy, and technical documentation
Required to travel and reside in Nassau Bahamas at the discretion of the Company.