Applications will be kept on file for upcoming opportunities, based on operational needs. You are welcome to apply to this general posting. We strongly encourage you to keep checking the Law Society’s careers section and to apply directly to advertised positions that may be of interest to you, and for which you are qualified.
The Client Service Centre (CSC) is typically the first point of contact for members of the public, as well as licensees. The CSC is a group of five departments in the Corporate Services division, made up of By-Law Administration Services, the Call Centre, Complaints & Compliance, the Law Society Referral Service, and Membership Services. Many people who contact the Law Society are able to have their questions answered and have their requirements met, all within the CSC.
- By-Law Administration Services (BAS) is responsible for all aspects of the Lawyer and Paralegal Annual Report, in addition to the administrative suspension and Professional Corporation processes, licensee status change follow-ups, and the fulfilment of some types of licensee-driven requests, such as surrender of license and exemption applications.
- The Call Centre is the primary intake area for phone calls to the Law Society. There are three main inbound call streams, depending on the nature of the call (Reception, Complaints Reception and the Resource Centre).
- Complaints & Compliance (C&C), receives, logs, and acknowledges complaint related correspondence, and assesses whether a written complaint is within or outside of the jurisdiction of the Law Society. In addition, C&C administers many of the Law Society's by-law driven processes, including certain licensing and practice permit applications for lawyers from other Canadian jurisdictions as well as foreign lawyers who wish to provide legal advice about the law of their home jurisdiction as Foreign Legal Consultants in Ontario. C&C also administers applications and annual reports for multi-discipline partnerships and notices and annual reports for affiliations.
- The Law Society Referral Service (LSRS) connects people looking for legal assistance with a lawyer or paralegal who will provide a free consultation of up to 30 minutes to help determine rights and options. Staff in the LSRS are lawyers and paralegals.
- Membership Services processes and responds to membership related requests, and is responsible for database changes for the 50,000-plus lawyers and 8,000-plus paralegal members of the Law Society. This includes the ongoing maintenance of the file room for storage of hardcopy records relating to these licensees, as well as management of scanned electronic records, producing licensee and staff Law Society photo ID cards, Certificates of Standing, Status Letters, and Adjusted Billings for licensees whose status have changed during the year.
Positions include Administrative Support, Law Clerks, Counsel and Paralegals. Please indicate your area(s) of interest in your cover letter.