Job Profile Summary
Senior Clinical Project Managers (CPM) are an integral part of clinical trial delivery, liaising with clinical teams to improve patients’ lives by bringing new drugs to the market faster.
The Senior CPM is an essential member of the core project team leading the team and responsible for project delivery of clinical studies to meet contractual requirements in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices.
Clinical Project Management is focused on project delivery, productivity and quality resulting in strong financial performance and customer satisfaction.
CPM run their own studies. Their focus is on leveraging therapeutic expertise and IQVIA’s suite of solutions to drive operational excellence and strategic leadership with our customers.
• Accountable for the strategic planning and execution of clinical studies as per the contract while optimizing speed, quality and cost of delivery and ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures. Studies are medium to large sized, multiple and full service, and multi regional.
• Develop integrated study management plans with the core project team.
• Ensure the financial success of the project.
• Set objectives of the core project team according to agreed upon contract, strategy and approach, effectively communicate and assess performance.
• Participate in bid defense preparations. Lead bid defense presentations in partnership with Business Development for, multiple service, multiple country and/or multi regional studies. Understand project strategy and operationalize the agreed upon approach.
• Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
• Monitor progress against contract and prepare/present project information proactively to all stakeholders internally and externally.
• Manage risk (positive and negative) and contingencies proactively and lead problem solving and resolution efforts.
• Achieve project quality by identifying quality risks and issues, responding to issues raised by project team members and planning/implementing appropriate corrective and preventative action plans.;
• Serve as primary project contact with customer and own relationship with the project’s key customer contact(s)
• Communicate/collaborate with IQVIA business development representatives as necessary.
• Build the cross-functional project team and lead their efforts, responsible for managing cross-collaboration of the core team and for overall project delivery to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.;
• Forecast and identify opportunities to accelerate activities to bring revenue forward.
• Identify changes in scope and manage change control process, as necessary.
• Identify and communicate lessons learned and best practices to promote continuous improvement.
• Adopt corporate initiatives and changes and serve as a change advocate when necessary.
• Provide input to line managers of their project team members’ performance relative to project tasks. Support staff development.
• Mentor less experienced project team members on assigned projects to support their professional development.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Life/Health sciences or related field.
• At least 5 years of prior experience in equivalent role in the Health/Life industry, ideally in global corporations. CRO experience highly valued.
• Strong knowledge of clinical trials - Knowledge of clinical trial conduct, and skill in applying applicable clinical research regulatory requirements i.e. ICH GCP and relevant local laws, regulations and guidelines, towards clinical trial conduct.
• Broad protocol knowledge; therapeutic knowledge desired. Good understanding of the competitive environment and how to communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions.
• Finance: excellent understanding of project financials including experience managing, contractual obligations and implications.
• Communication: strong written and verbal communication skills including excellent command of English language. Strong presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Leadership: ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics, monitoring/managing performance and providing feedback, experience productively partnering cross functionally and with customers to advance work effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to make decisions, bringing clarity to disparate information to inform actions and drive results.
• Planning, time management and prioritization skills. Ability to organize resources needed to accomplish tasks, set objectives and provide clear direction to others, experience planning activities in advance and taking account of possible changing circumstances.
• Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in work. Results-oriented approach to work towards delivery and output.
• Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving.
• IT skills - Good software and computer skills, including MS Office applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients. Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to work across geographies displaying high awareness and understanding of cultural differences.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .