Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is HPE PointNext . We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation. We aim to ensure our valued clients have the most effective solution to suit the demands on a dynamic and fast-paced, modern business and the expertise to achieve maximum business benefit.
Sound like you? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a Cloud Advisor to join us!
Encompasses multiple disciplines, including technology architects, solution architects, and enterprise architects. Architects: Are responsible for delivering business value to customers by architecting effective information systems solutions that address the customer’s business problems, needs and opportunities, in a manner consistent with company’s strategic and business goals. Have knowledge of architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools and understand how to apply this knowledge to successfully deliver customer projects. Establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by understanding the customer’s business context and their unique situation. Collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution. Strong supporters of the professional development framework for their profession and use the knowledge and best practice derived from their professional associations to the benefit of their customers. Collaborate with project managers to ensure effective and efficient development, delivery, deployment, operation and support of these IS solutions. Collaborate with the account team to meet or exceed revenue, product, customer satisfaction and market share goals for assigned account(s).
- Architect custom solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Architect reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Customize reusable solutions of program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Capture and share architectural IP at the solution level.
- Define and implement architectural governance at the program and enterprise or operational scope.
- Contribute to the Architect profession both internally and externally.
- Lead architecture team in architecture activities for complex, medium to large opportunity.
- Develop for client technically or operationally feasible long-term IT strategies and plans .
- Assess business impact of multiple technologies/strategies .
- Identify and address technical or operational risks .
- Provide review/input on project activities for large enterprise or global level projects .
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations at CEO/COO/CIO levels for large, complex opportunities .
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience - minimum 10 to 15 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise or global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
- Ability to maintain the integrity of the proposed architecture to assure professional quality and logical consistency in the face of political and business pressures.
- Conversant with and able to apply multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, ITSM, ...) .
- Understands and applies one or more industry acknowledged architectural modeling methods and tools.
- Usually possesses a valid industry certification in an appropriate architectural discipline .
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets business needs .
- Be able to evaluate the effect of external factors on designed solution .
- Relates risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects (use of internal knowledge of organization; trusted advisor relationship).
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions.
- Ability to consistently apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful business recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Ability to perform business process analysis/synthesis using modeling or simulation tools and techniques, such as workflows and diagrams to show interrelationships of multiple processes, tracking instances/characteristics of process elements.
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas.
- Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions ("trusted advisor" role).
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply them appropriately in solutions .
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of multiple technologies or IT disciplines .
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability.
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
Opportunity Pursuit :
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing large, complex opportunities .
- Positions the company offering against the competition.
- Is able to provide the company with the voice of the account.
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for large, complex opportunities.
- Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) process for large, complex opportunities .
- Build rapport and trust with client.
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills.
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional and global projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at both local and regional level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions (at least 4 per year) to the company knowledge systems that are recognized by the Architect profession to represent best practice.
- Makes formal recommendations to improve the level of job satisfaction for other company employees working on the project.
- Can significantly contribute in the development of new company services and modifications to the methodology.
- Leads in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Expert and Specialist level architects within the Architect profession .
- Leads in the definition of the company unit's processes, standards, and policies .
- Build and manage long-term, strategic relationships at CEO and CIO level.
- Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply critical organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's Executive level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates mostly strategic information and some Tactical information.
- Has Excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent the company at external customer and industry events.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status