The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You will be joining an experienced team situated in Belgium that is responsible for the development & support of a centrally deployed application. This application is tracking vehicles from ordering until customer handover. The system is developed & maintained by team members both in Belgium as in India and is used in all Volvo Groups Trucks factories throughout the world. And it’s currently being rolled out in the Volvo Bus organization. We are also responsible for a Geolocation IoT platform and delivering new services on it.
·Design new micro services and cloud-based architecture, new front ends for a mobile environment and new services on IoT Thingworx platform
-Take responsibility for designing a robust and easy maintainable system
·Work according to Scrum methodology and Devops
·Create technical analyses with mockups for new requirements
·Actively suggest improvements and take ownership
·Deliver auto testable front and backend
·Support with the installation of new versions and join technical user support
·Join international projects
ARE YOU THE ONE?
· Starter up to 5 years of development experience
· Java knowledge
· Prefered experience with web-application development: Progressive web application, HTML5 webcomponents (Lit element), Java REST microservice
· Knowledge of Java frameworks: SpringBoot, SpringData JPA2, ORM Hibernate, QueryDSL
· Knowledge of cloud technologies is an advantage: Openshift cloud environment, Docker
· Knowledge of testing frameworks is an advantage: Junit, Selenium
· Knowledge of relational databases and analyse techniques (both functional & technical)
· Eager to learn and grow, analytical & problem-solving mindset
· Flexible to travel according to business needs
· Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
A PERFECT MATCH
LET'S DO THIS!
You will work in a runtime & development team for a Volvo Group global appointed system which develops, maintains, supports & roll outs on all global sites of the Volvo Group. Sharing the responsibility to develop Cloud - Mobile – API and IoT services according to business and industry needs will be an important aspect.
Don't hesitate to apply if you are interested.