At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Industrial business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment (Industrial Solutions) and is a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These solutions make possible applications of robotics, servo drives, Industrial machinery, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building automation, LED lighting and electric vehicles. With over $1.1 billion revenue, significant presence in key markets across the globe, broad product portfolio, and several reputed brands, the business is among the leaders in its market.
Industrial Relays is one of the largest product groups in the Industrial BU’s portfolio. The Relays business is organized as a stand-alone P&L within the Industrial BU and the Relays team has responsibility for product management, engineering, manufacturing, and field application engineering activities required to win in its markets. The business is a leader in the market segments served, with significant organic and inorganic growth opportunities and potential for further expansion in Asia. The Relays organization comprises of a global team with presence in North America, Europe, and Asia and has its engineering and manufacturing center of excellence in Waidhofen (near Vienna) in Austria.
The Industrial Business Unit of TE Connectivity has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Director for Industrial Relay Products. The Director will own the key product strategies for a $300M global business and will report to the General Manager of the Industrial Relay sub-vertical business.
This position is responsible for leading Strategy development, Product Portfolio Management, and Field Application Engineering initiatives for the Relays business globally. This leader will play a pivotal role in driving the strategic planning and commercial initiatives to scale the business substantially and achieve 50%+ growth over the next 5 years. S/he will pursue an aggressive growth strategy focused on organic and M&A growth and create an industry-leading global team equipped to drive new product introduction, go-to-market expansion, and entry into product adjacencies. The candidate will bring a growth-oriented and entrepreneurial mind-set, excellent commercial acumen and leadership experience, and a hands-on leadership style. The role will appeal to those with aspirations for further personal and career growth as the company seeks to further enhance the overall bench-strength for succession for the role of Division General Managers of the Industrial business unit.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape;
- Design go-to-market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships;
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin);
- Manage the P&L for the assigned portfolio;
- Manage the product lifecycle;
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies;
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking;
- Define segment–specific value propositions that provide a competitive advantage;
- Develop product and technology roadmaps that aligns with business strategy and market needs;
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer and market requirements;
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmaps;
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies in line with financial goals;
- Establish and execute pricing policy;
- Support acquisition pipeline where appropriate;
- Recruit, develop and mentor a global and diverse organization.
- Revenue (growth);
- Profitability: SMI / Operating Income;
- Productivity (cost-out & platforming);
- New Product Sales;
- S&OP Score (delivery performance, inventory & lead-time, forecast accuracy).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Proven global experience, with knowledge and experience in Chinese markets as a must;
- Strong business acumen and a good understanding of technical complexities;
- Strong customer facing skills: building relationships, handling negotiations and selling;
- Previous experience (5 years) in Strategy: consulting, strategy development, market analysis;
- Previous experience (5-8 years) in Sales, Marketing, Product or Manufacturing Management;
- Considerable experience working with product, processes or market technologies;
- Experience in building effective teams, demonstrating a collaborative leadership style;
- Action oriented, with a proven ability to deliver results;
- Experience of defining and developing policy, managing resources and meeting targets/objectives;
- Critical thinking and decision-making.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.