In this7 month contract role you will use your broad stakeholder engagement skills and strong financial background to coach and inform commercially sound decision making. You will have a strong analytical capability and will be supporting Senior Leadership for the Industrial and Power Generation business.
Responsible for the preparation of complex and interpretive financial analysis and reports.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Lead and develop in conjunction with business leaders the annual budget process, forecasts and long-term business plans.
Month-end & Reporting
- Manage the month-end close process, including identification of accruals, revenue and expense recognition, SOX requirements
- Prepare management reporting of revenue and operating expenditure with insights and analysis of business drivers (financial & non-financial) with a view of cost control/optimisation
- Communicate outcomes of analysis and insights to influence decision making
- Support the financial review of project performance, including insights, trends, sales, gross margins
- Track performance to strategic KPI's and work with business to identify opportunities for improvement
- Develop strong relationships with Directors and senior management to embed financial analysis in decision making
Responding to Tenders
- Provide financial and commercial support to internal stakeholders preparing tenders & bids to ensure financial/commercial processes have been followed, appropriate risk management procedures are in place and followed during project life-cycle (Bid to Delivery)
- Support project budget evaluations/estimations including scenario modelling
- Communicate to senior leadership financial project risks and mitigations, including management of FX, costing accuracy, milestone payments etc.
- Drive process excellence in Finance by removing duplication of effort, consolidating activity and utilising technology
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role coupled with 3+ years as a project accountant
- Experience in commercial construction or similar sector
- Strong Commercial acumen to provide guidance and insight to improve business performance and confident in what you know
- Great communication – written and verbal
- Prepared to challenge the norm
- Drives continuous improvement with a view to implement best practice
- Strong Negotiating skills
- Customer orientated
- Experience with Management Reporting; Financial Planning, Forecasting, budgeting and financial Analysis, financial modelling experience
- Ability to manage complexity
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint presentation Skills
How to apply:
Your opportunity to set yourself for success starts right here! Submit your application today!
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.