Targray is a diversified, multinational commodity and specialty materials company that markets a broad range of products and solutions for high-growth sectors. Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, the company is a leading international provider of materials for solar and energy storage markets, trades Refined Products in North America, and is one of the largest physical traders and distributors of Biodiesel fuel in North America and Europe.
Targray has operations in 9 countries and generates over $450M USD in annual sales.
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
Targray is currently seeking a commodity trader or team of traders in the Geneva area with experience in niche trading segments with fewer market participants. The specific niche can be within any commodity sector: Agriculture, Energy, Metals, Soft Commodities, Renewables, etc.
We are favoring commodities where the majority of trade is physical, with paper trading playing a secondary role. Our goal is to build a trading desk of significant size to service North American and/or global markets. The desk will be supported by our existing resources and teams in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Establishing a commodity trading desk; Operations can be based out of any city.
- Trading physical commodities anywhere worldwide.
- Working closely with Targray senior management.
- Collaborating closely with Targray’s Risk Management unit and global trading team.
- Developing new trading opportunities and supply sources.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with suppliers and end users while ensuring close cooperation with the operations and logistics team to ensure smooth and timely trades.
- Monitoring market trends to capitalize on trading opportunities.
- Proactively sourcing new business opportunities with producers.
- Proof of a successful and profitable track record on a physical trading desk.
- Strong knowledge of 1 or more niche commodity markets with a particular focus on physical trading, logistics and arbitrage opportunities.
- 5+ years’ experience in commodities trading and exposure to the relevant producers and end-users.
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Generous profit-sharing package
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Targray offers flexibility in terms of the location of the trading desk.
To learn more about our work environment, visit the Targray Careers page.