1. The role is primarily responsible for the creation and implementation of LOC communication strategy and associated message platforms, which must be linked to the core objectives of the business, for all internal and external audiences
2. Liaise with LOC cross functional leaders, as well as APAC and GEM Communications function.
3. Provide long term strategic communications counsel and deliver on short-term communications objectives
4. Responsible in building, enhancing and protecting Takeda’s corporate reputation by adopting a leadership position for any issues management efforts.
5. Working with agencies, being responsible for ensuring Takeda’s core messages, brand essence and the organization’s value propositions are promoted both internally and externally to relevant audiences.
6. Defining and driving formal, integrated communications programs relevant to customers, partners, media, patient groups and employees.
7. Overseeing executive communications programs that create an opportunity to showcase the broad expertise of Takeda Indonesia leadership team.
8. Initiating and delivering the flawless execution of innovative leadership campaigns.
9. Delivering high quality executive speaker engagements, including executive visits, business-relevant industry communications, coaching and tools.
10. On selected projects, serving as the communication strategist and counsellor to the LOC commercial leader; providing executive guidance in collaboration with APAC, GEM and in-country communications professionals and other stakeholders
11. Contributing to the alignment of the LOC, APAC & GEM commercial communication strategy with Takeda’s corporate strategies, business objectives, mission and vision by ensuring effective communication among the leadership team and GM/President Director
12. Contributing to the development of APAC & GEM communications strategies, priorities and plans ensuring that communication priorities of LOC are integrated and adequately prioritized
13. Actively participate in the construction of the APAC & GEM Communications platform to ensure appropriate messaging, contribution to global projects, alignment of local branding
14. Ensuring that communication activities conform to corporate vision, mission, values and business strategy
15. Facilitate communication alignment within assigned markets as well as functions, including material approval management
16. In cooperation with APAC and GEM Communications function, to manage positioning and participation of LOC heads in selected public relations and communication programs for confidential business initiatives, product launches, business development and partnership communications, crisis communication and corporate sponsorships
17. Monitor the APAC and GEM communication environment and prepare for issues and crisis communication and as the need arises aid in the management of issues with a focus on corporate reputation
18. Align with APAC and GEM communications’ input to create selected corporate internal and external communications materials – for example external media information, employee and external meeting content and message points, memos, internal magazine, organization announcements and corporate branding
19. Support head of Business Unit and head of Market Access & Public Access in selected internal and external communication activities, by creating associated materials including speaking events, external board participation and media interviews
20. Monitor company activities and industry issues and recommend appropriate communication
21. Manage relevant vendor relationships while building and managing an associated budget
22. Initiate and support continuous learning on communication systems and tools appropriate to the context of the Region
23. In collaboration relevant function to lead LOC Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
24. Assist GM/President Director to prepare presentation materials and some other GM/President Director’s message
50%-60% : External engagement with key stakeholders
40%-50% : Internal cross functional engagement, strategic planning and counsel to the Country Manager on appropriate engagement of government and patient communities
• Education and Experiences
1. University degree in Communications/Journalism/Administration or equivalent required. Master’s degree from a reputed university preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience in corporate communications and communications management with experience in and a strong grasp of the healthcare industry.
3. Extensive experiences across a wide range of markets and cultures will be preferred
4. Experience in-house required and an exposure to PR agency experience is preferred
5. Pharmaceutical business experience preferred
6. Experience in creation of communication plans, strategic and long term planning with a focus on results oriented execution.
• Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
1. The ability to work in a matrix environment and orchestrate across organizations, regardless of direct line-of-sight management.
2. The ability to rationalize message volume and nuance messages for multiple audiences.
3. A strong communicator themselves, in both small and large group settings.
4. Good knowledge of all aspects of communications including executive positioning, internal communication, media relations, product communication, investor relations, crisis communication and project management
5. Strong Relationship with Key Media is a must
6. Experience working patient Advocacy Group/ Society is preferred
7. Strong skill to establish and drive a multi-channel communications strategy.
8. High levels of energy, drive and commitment, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills (presentations)
9. Stay up to date on trends in consumer engagement, digital activation and media and pop culture to engage in new approaches to reaching patients
10. Possess proven leadership and motivational skills with a passion for excellence and a constant desire to innovate and improve.
11. The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with the agility to respond to new and changing requirements based on both a market and company environment.
12. Ability to negotiate and build consensus among various parties important
13. Pragmatic but with attention to details, result oriented, motivated, reliable and trustworthy
14. Ability to deliver in high pressure situations and with short deadlines
15. Strong ethics and integrity
16. Flexibility needed for working within different time zone as part of GEM communications team
17. Excellent conduct of English language skills
Jakarta, Indonesia Employee Regular Full time