Join our team
This is not your traditional HR team; we embrace change and have fun re-inventing the future of work. We are as passionate about our team as we are about our business and thrive on thinking out of the box, delivering in new ways, and supporting exceptional team member experiences.
At TELUS, we understand that putting our team members first, means they can put our customers first. We offer benefits and workplace flexibility unmatched in the industry. Ask us why we have the lowest turnover of any large company in Canada.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As Senior Communications Manager supporting the Mergers & Acquisitions COE, you will lead integrated communications activities. You will be responsible for identifying, planning and executing internal communications for multiple, concurrent integration projects. The objective of this role is to help acquired team members understand TELUS policies and practices in a way that, but more importantly, to do so in a way that sets the right tone for their experience/journey with TELUS.
In this fast-paced role, there are a number of critical milestones over the next 6 months which will require this role to ramp up quickly. Working closely with P&C stakeholders, as well as other Communications primes, this role will build out a library of communications artifacts and change management materials to drive efficiency in TELUS’ inorganic growth strategy. When all is said and done, this role will be key to drive buy-in for chance, accelerate adoption of TELUS practices, and amplify our corporate culture.
Reporting to the Director, People & Culture for M&A, you will support a number or programs, events and people initiatives, including:
Does this sound like you?
- Storytelling: Engage in clear, concise and articulate communications, displaying excellent writing and editing skills. Synthesize complex topics, like team member payroll, benefits, and tax topics, into a digestible format with clear calls to action
- Collaboration: Demonstrate superior client service and consultative qualities while working closely with stakeholders including other Communications leads
- Critical Thinking: Propose solutions that will drive efficiency, repeatability, and scalability to convey similar messages across different audiences
- Execution: Manage logistics review cycles, translations, and communication deployment
- Content Creation: Produce and publish multimedia content, including impactful guides and toolkits
- Team Member Engagement: Distribute company-wide messages using internal tools as well as lead our weekly internal newsletter and support Intranet publishing/workflow with a keen focus on team member experience
- Measuring Success: Track performance on internal communications activities and regularly update metric trackers and report key learnings and recommendations back to the team
- Obsessed with driving exceptional team member experiences
- Expert at uncovering and communicating compelling stories
- Believe in the link between brand & culture
- Passion for taking risks and thinking differently
- Thirst to learn and a keen observer of the general business environment, industry trends and current affairs
- Curious, creative, courageous, collaborative and committed to enabling powerful connections
- Commitment to improve the lives of Canadians and our communities
- Team player that embraces a ‘no task too small’ attitude
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- 8 years or more of communications experience in an internal or external capacity
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline is required or extensive related business experience in a communications or marketing communications role
- Experience supporting post-acquisition integration
- Additional post-secondary education, an accredited public relations, communications or marketing designation
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
It’s an exciting time to be a member of the People & Culture team because we are leading strategies to strengthen TELUS’ culture. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have an unyielding commitment to inspiring and motivating TELUS team members, retirees, customers, and communities to fulfill our “We Give Where We Live” philosophy. Through our technology innovation, we are creating a stronger and more caring world by enabling remarkable human, social and business outcomes. We believe that we are all stronger together, and this is foundational to our promise to make the future a little friendlier for everyone.
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.