WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit [...]
This position is located in Madrid. Local applicants only, please.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an Online Community Manager with a web development background who is looking to take ownership of our support-based technical web site. You welcome being the first point of contact for the online community, and are challenged by the opportunity to work within our Technical Services team to coordinate and drive expansion of our community support outreach portals.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build brand awareness, create and maintain multilingual text and audiovisual content, as well as identify key knowledge to be presented and shared with customers in a creative and well-structured fashion.
- Manage and moderate our technical community efficiently, including communicating to customers regarding updates on existing feature requests and known issues.
- Conduct basic front-end development of the web site to reflect the organization’s requirements, or to improve content layout.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep passion for social media, stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the industry, and be a strategic thinker.
- Create, identify, curate and maintain technical website content in collaboration with technical services experts; includes articles, posts and newsletters.
- Create or manage audiovisual content for technical articles; a process that includes video briefs, audio scripts, story boards, video recording and assembling.
- Engage with the online community and respond to comments and requests.
- Develop a content plan.
- Devise and implement community communication initiatives. Attend networking events or relevant industry workshops. Organize and manage online events to boost brand awareness.
- Make use of and interpret results from analytic and measurement tools on website traffic
- Maintain and improve the front and possibly back-end of the technical web site to reflect the requirements from support, marketing, or product development.
- Work collaboratively with others to ensure alignment and cohesion in published content.
- Participate in media campaigns driven by Marketing.
- Maintain continuous knowledge of existing and new product features -- as well as existing bugs and requests -- so that the support site content can be adapted to our customer’s needs and pain points.
- Report weekly regarding overall status to the Director of Technical Services.
- Think outside the box – identify and share more creative, efficient and effective ways to engage audiences and facilitate sharing and collaboration.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 2+ years’ experience as a community manager / knowledge management specialist.
- Experience with content creation: writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web-based core technologies.
- Superb verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Digital and technical-savvy person, familiar with computers, Windows OS and software packages.
- Knowledge of marketing trends and techniques.
- Able to write well-structured texts without errors, adapting to the personality of the brand and its tone.
- Strong customer focus.
- Able to plan the content published, engage with the community, segment the audience correctly and work on campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills.
- Passionate about your work, positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Not afraid of learning and understanding customers’ high-level implementations, issues, and needs related to our industry and software.
- Superb time management skills.
- Analytical planning: you know how to measure the efficiency of your actions and keep organized control of the results.
- Auto-ID industry knowledge
- Experience with ZenDesk’s Guide and Community
- Experience with label design software such as BarTender
- Audiovisual production skills
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Familiar with basic grammar structures for languages such as German, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese
- A degree in communication, marketing, business or related field is preferred, but not required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position.
- Local applicants only please. At this time, we are not offering relocation packages.
- You must be currently authorized to work in Spain and provide documentation upon hire.
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Office located in a central, attractive location
- Competitive salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible compensation benefits program (Transportation card, Lunch tickets etc.)
- Wide selection of training, learning opportunities, language courses, and other development opportunities to build a lasting career within a global company
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by Spanish/European law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.