- Opportunity to join BOQ Financial Crime Compliance team
- Flexible work environment and output focused culture
- Suits an experienced compliance professional with financial crime experience
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), this role maintains a close relationship with Line 1 stakeholders to provide support, guidance and advice on BOQ’s Financial Crime Compliance Policies and Procedures specific to BOQ’s AML/CTF Program.
Financial Crime Compliance is responsible and accountable for identifying, mitigating and managing the risks of Money-Laundering and Terrorist-Financing (ML/TF), Bribery and Corruption (AB&C) and Sanctions evasion.
As key member of the Financial Crime Compliance team you will:
- Support the Head of FCC to engage with FCC Business Partners to raise awareness of Financial Crime Compliance across BOQ in order to detect and deter Financial Crime from taking place through our product, services and customers
- Provide timely advice and guidance to front line business partners on BOQ Financial Crime Compliance Polices through the management of the Financial Crime Compliance Central mailbox
- Contribute to the delivery of the Financial Crime Compliance strategy that supports the bank to identify, manager and mitigate the risk of Financial Crime occurring at BOQ
- Assist with the uplift the provision of advice and documentation provided to Line 1 risk teams
- Assist in providing timely input in to all risk reporting activities
- Assist with the assessment of reported incidents.
- Monitor business and industry changes to enable effective risk identification, assessment and treatment
- Foster a risk aware culture through the provision of FCC training and education activities with Line 1 stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Financial Crime Regulatory requirements i.e. AML/CTF (in particular KYC Requirements), Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Sanctions
- Previous advisory experience in financial crime compliance preferably within the banking and finance industry
- Strong people skills with experience in assisting, guiding and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page .
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.