At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Compliance Analyst in Global Compliance group responsible for?
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Compliance Analyst in Global Compliance group?
- The Compliance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Compliance Department in ensuring that all new US and Non-US client relationships have undergone identification and due diligence screening required under Section 326 of the U.S Patriot Act prior to opening an account. The Compliance Analyst will confirm that all information provided specific to Know Your Client (KYC)/Anti Money Laundering (AML) is corroborated with supporting documentation which meets all due diligence requirements, perform QA review of junior Specialist’s KYC files and approve low risk account KYCs. The Compliance Analyst will track and follow-up on any missing documentation and escalate any negative news or Regulatory Data Corporation (RDC) alerts to NY Compliance Officer
- The Compliance Analyst will be assisting FTCI Risk Manager in supporting periodic reviews and risk management related activities and will work closely with his/her manager and the Risk and Privacy Manager and Compliance Director who are based out of the NYC office .( Specific tasks listed in the Job Duties/Responsibilities section)
- The Compliance Analyst will prepare and provide status reports to the Hyderabad Compliance Supervisor and Compliance Manager related to KYC processes.
- Coordinate and preform basic and enhanced due diligence KYC screening on new and existing US & Non-US clients
- Document and maintain all due diligence evidence
- Track and follow up with KYC account administrators on outstanding AML/KYC documentation/information
- Approve low risk account KYCs
- Review and escalate positive matches for negative news alerts (Regulatory Data Corporation (RDC) or suspicious activity to the Team Supervisor
- Perform QA review of KYC files and TM cases completed by junior Specialists
- Work on various project initiatives, like application upgrades, technological enhancements. Perform testing and report findings to the project team and ensure project goals are met
- Document and report KYC or Transaction Monitoring application issues to management and system support. Assist with tracking and resolution of the issues/errors
- Track all outstanding documentation where temporary exceptions have been granted or transaction monitoring Request for Information (RFI) and follow-up with the business and Management as needed
- Perform ad hoc reviews for the business and Compliance related to prospective clients
- Assist in preparing department metric reporting for KYC functions
- Participate in Bank Compliance Committee meetings and assist in preparing status reports
- Assist in training of junior team members on KYC processes
- All applicable FTCI policies must be read and understood in order to successfully perform job responsibilities
- Analyze, track and prepare risk indicator reports on a monthly basis capturing errors, self-identified issues, client complaints, etc
- Evaluate trends from risk indicator reports or risk and audit tracking issues and liaise with Risk and Privacy Manager and others to propose control enhancements
- Manage the risk and audit tracking database to ensure that findings are entered and tracked to completion. Follow up with owners of findings on an ongoing basis based on pre-defined timeframes
- Assist with the coordination the annual risk assessment process
- Maintain list of all regulatory required risk assessments and ensure they are maintained and are up-to-date
- Schedule and assist with coordination of materials for monthly Risk Management Committee
- Document minutes and follow up items from Risk Management Committee meetings
- Perform ongoing monitoring and testing of key risk deliverables (where required) – e.g. call backs, client confirmations
- Assist with coordination of regulatory exams and creation of first day letter requests, tracking of deliverables and coordination of meetings as required
- Assist with preparation of all risk related presentations
- Able to undertake other special projects as needed
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
Education and Experience:
Licenses and Certifications:
4-year degree or equivalent business experience (3-year degree India)
5 plus years industry experience and/or 5 years Financial Services compliance, preferably in the private banking and wealth management industry
Compliance experience including knowledge of required legal governing documents for legal entities and knowledge of the Know Your Client/Anti-Money Laundering/ Bank Secrecy Act/ US Patriot Act requirements a plus
KYC and AML experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ACAMS Anti-Money Laundering Certification desired
Problem Solving and Decision Making: Revenue / Non - Revenue Generating and/or Budget Responsibility: Supervisory Responsibility: What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- Limited – may assist junior team members with work process and decision making
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards —the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life, and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also covers employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life Insurance for protection of employees families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- Tuition Assistance Program
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.