- Opportunity to join BOQ in an initial maximum term contract
- Flexible work environment and collaborative culture
- Suits an experienced Compliance professional with previous financial services experience
About the Role
An opportunity currently exists for a Compliance Partner – Conduct to join Bank of Queensland in 12 month maximum term contract.
This appointment will be responsible for the provision of Group wide compliance issues specific to conduct risk which may specifically result in poor or unfair customer outcomes, financial loss to the bank or cause reputational damage.
Specifically this role will:
- Be a direct point of contact for BOQ Business (including all subsidiaries) on second line compliance queries
- Deliver compliance advice in accordance with the compliance management framework (CMF) and ensure that legal and regulatory obligations are met.
- Deliver reporting to the Head of Customer Compliance on conduct issues as required
- Support the Incident Management Process through triage of incidents for the divisions and the second line risk team as they relate to compliance conduct risk
- Work closely with the non-financial risk teams, internal stakeholders and other risk people across the BOQ Group to promote a positive compliance culture and ensure policy and processes are implemented and maintained in line with requirements.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of policies, standards and procedures and embedding of new requirements.
This role will suit an individual with:
- A minimum of four years compliance experience (with a demonstrated knowledge of Conduct risk) is required
- Industry experience in banking or finance would be advantageous
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Banking Code of Practice, Corporations Act, Consumer Credit legislation, ASIC regulatory guides and the Privacy Act
- Ability to research and interpret law and regulation, staying informed of changing requirements
- Strong people skills with experience in assisting, guiding and influencing stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and comprehend rapid digitisation and technology change in financial services.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page .
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.