At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Compliance Specialist in Global Compliance group responsible for?
- The Compliance Specialist is primarily responsible for ensuring that all new client relationships have undergone the appropriate due diligence screening. The Compliance Specialist will analyze client data, documentation and escalate any negative news to the Hyderabad Compliance Supervisor and Compliance Officer. The Compliance Specialist will communicate with the Line of Business to ensure that all required Anti Money Laundering (AML)/Know Your Client (KYC) regulatory requirements have been met. The Compliance Specialist will also assist in tracking and follow-up on any missing documentation and preparing status reports
- The Compliance Specialist will also support the AML Transaction Monitoring Group and will be responsible for preparing daily, monthly, and semi-annual case investigation files which includes the review of client affiliated accounts, KYC and prior investigator’s notes. The Compliance Specialist will perform the case review analysis which entails summarizing the transactions which alerted based upon profiles set up by the AML Compliance Department, performing due diligence (Internet searches, Accurint, Lexis/Nexis etc.) on the accountholder, originating parties and beneficiaries related to the transactions, as well as obtaining and summarizing the details of the client relationship from the Know Your Client information on file.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Compliance Specialist in Global Compliance group?
- Coordinate and preform basic and enhanced due diligence KYC screening on new and existing US & Non-US clients
- Document and maintain all due diligence evidence
- Track and follow up with KYC account administrators on outstanding AML/KYC documentation/information
- Review and escalate positive matches for negative news alerts (Regulatory Data Corporation (RDC) or suspicious activity to the Team Supervisor
- Prepare daily, monthly, and semi-annual case investigation files
- Analyze post-execution transactions reported by the GIFTS AML transaction monitoring system for suspicious activity warranting attention/escalation
- Document and maintain all transaction monitoring evidence
- Track all outstanding documentation where temporary exceptions have been granted or transaction monitoring Request for Information (RFI) and follow-up with the business and Management as needed
- Follow up and update exception accounts and prepare weekly/monthly >90 days reports for the management
- All applicable FTCI policies must be read and understood in order to successfully perform job responsibilities
- Able to undertake other special projects as needed
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
Education and Experience:
Licenses and Certifications:
- 4 year degree or equivalent business experience (3-year degree India)
- 2 to 3 years industry experience and/or 3 years Financial Services compliance experience, preferably in the private banking and wealth management industry
- Compliance experience including knowledge of required legal governing documents for legal entities and knowledge of the Know Your Client/Anti-Money Laundering/ Bank Secrecy Act/ US Patriot Act requirements a plus
- KYC and AML experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ACAMS Anti-Money Laundering Certification desired
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- PC proficient (MS office) and extensive knowledge on performing internet searches
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written)
- Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions with limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail
Revenue / Non-Revenue generating and/or budget responsibility:Supervisory responsibility:
- Ability to trouble-shoot and resolve KYC issues in a timely manner
- Ability to guide and advise business on KYC issues.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- Limited – may assist junior team members with work process and decision making
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Professional development growth opportunities through in-house classes and over 150 Web-based training courses
- An educational assistance program to financially help employees seeking continuing education
- Medical, Life, and Personal Accident Insurance benefit for employees. Medical insurance also covers employee’s dependents (spouses, children and dependent parents)
- Life Insurance for protection of employees families
- Personal accident insurance for protection of employees and their families
- Personal loan assistance
- Employee Stock Investment Plan (ESIP)
- Onsite fitness center, recreation center, and cafeteria
- Cricket grounds and gymnasium
- Health Center with doctor availability
- Tuition Assistance Program
- HDFC ATM on the campus
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.