Sr. Configuration Specialist
The candidate sought will be part of a talented software team that works on mission critical applications and should have experience in building high performance, scalable and enterprise grade applications. The individual will be involved in Java EE application and SQL development while providing expertise in the full development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Project team member responsible for delivering technical implementation tasks for customers
- Expected to understand and be able to explain basic implementation concepts while working under general supervision.
- Participates in designing the software configuration to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Provides pre-sales support, solution planning, product management expertise and customer support.
- Works with other developers, designers, and architects to ensure configuration and custom components meet application requirements and goals.
- Participates in code reviews, fixes any defects, and performance problems discovered in testing; & participates in transitions of the application components to the testers.
- Design, code, and/or configure solutions for moderate to high complexity Agile stories independently.
- Should understand and be able to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Able to mentor and coach others as knowledge is gained
- Debug and resolve high complexity software bugs or issues working independently, making sure to find the real root cause and provide a fix without collateral damage.
- Write well designed, testable and efficient configuration scripts
- Configure applications for critical systems, delivering high availability and performance
- Ensure designs are in compliance with framework specifications
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Design and develop SQL procedures and write applications to interface with SQL databases
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, in area with analytic emphasis
- 3-5 yrs exp preferably in a technology, insurance, or otherwise related environment
- Ability & exp performing analytical or quantitative activities in spreadsheet/database types of software applications.
- Exp with implementation of DCT DMS a plus
- Preferred exp in implementing DMS software applications preferred
- Travel: 25-50%
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills (listening, speaking and able to write clear and easy to understand specs) to effectively interact with team members and business users
- Knowledge and work experience in Java and J2EE
- Good background in database design using SQL Server
- Should have good knowledge on technologies listed below
- Experience with XML, XSLT, and schema files
- Java, JSP, JSF, Servlet, Struts, Hibernate, LDAP
- Web Services – SOAP and/or REST
- Application Servers – WebSphere, Tomcat
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, and/or related field; related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement
- understanding of the Insurance domain and processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in relational data modeling principles and techniques.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment