You can expect a lot from a career at Worley.
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
This is a part time contract position located in our Burnaby (Vancouver), BC office.
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Participate in contractor evaluations and preparing estimates.
- Ensure construction procedures are developed, understood and implemented.
- Produce a job start-up plan and schedule, manage costs, safety and construction.
- Develop safety and construction execution plans.
- Chair contractors kick-off and review meetings.
- Attend project review meetings as required.
- Hold planning meetings (brainstorming sessions) to identify tasks and problems, and make decisions as a team.
- Develop daily and monthly reports.
- Monitor/control contractor field direct and indirect charges.
- Establish construction performance measurements.
- Develop roles and responsibilities for all positions.
- Assign key project personnel and bring them into planning process early in the project.
- Review scheduling and resources for all site construction activities.
- Assist Project Manager in managing project progress and performance.
- Review project safety statistics and give input toward continuous improvement.
- Provide audits of contractors QA/QC and HSE.
- Develop a workable, realistic construction schedule.
- Assure hazards are properly identified and controlled via proactive engagement with site personnel and observation of worksite activities. Engage, influence, intervene and Coach, as required when opportunities for improvement are identified.
- Ensure that site-specific orientations for all site personnel and visitors have been completed utilizing the established standard orientation process, emphasizing key contactor HSE requirements and site-specific hazards and protocols.
- Facilitate Incident Management Process.
- Assure the effective implementation of the established Integrated Safe Systems of Work (JSA, SWP, PTW, FLRA) by proactively participating in the quality assurance, development, and review of JSA’s, work permits and safe work plans and FLRAs.
- Assure effective implementation of Shell TSO Projects specific programs.
- Facilitate implementation of the Emergency Response Plan (ERP) by assuring the site’s ERP’s are regularly drilled and response capabilities are maintained on a monthly basis.
- Actively participant in Monthly team HSE Meetings, HSE leadership meetings, Contractor engagement sessions, Tool box talks.
- Conduct peer review; focus audits and other site inspections on regular basis.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of relevant construction supervision experience
- Oil & Gas and mechanical/piping construction experience.
- Industry related diploma, trade certificate or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience as a Construction Supervision on small and large Oil & Gas projects.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Proficient with MS Office suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent client relationships and good communication skills.
- Willingness to travel and to spend considerable time on site when required.
- Previous project experience with dredging, handling and disposal of contaminated and uncontaminated materials would be an asset.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.