Be involved in projects with our Construction Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Construction Inspector for our Virginia Beach VA office and the Hampton Roads Bridge & Tunnel Project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to interpret roadway and bridge plans, building plans, specifications, and contracts
- Recognizes construction problems and applies standard techniques and procedures to solve the problem
- May recommend field changes to drawings and specifications
- Keeps detailed records of contractor’s performance and progress
- Ability to work as a team member without close supervision
- Creates/maintains daily inspection reports and project documentation
- Maintains daily contact with client and contractors to discuss construction activities
- May attend construction meetings with client and contractors.
- Oversees materials testing activities
- Other duties as assigned
- College coursework desired and a minimum of 5 years of experience in the management of roadway, building and/or infrastructure construction inspection projects
- Working knowledge of VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Road and Bridge Standards, Construction Manual, and Inspector Manuals
- Working knowledge of state and federal safety, environment guidelines and regulations
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with owners, architects, engineers, consultants, and contractors
- Knowledge of the use of electronic data processing equipment and contract management software
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license in accordance with WSP USA Inc. Human Resources policy
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- This role is subject to a client mandated fingerprint-based Criminal History background check and DMV record check prior to commencement of any assigned VDOT work.
- Valid driver's license required
- Current VDOT or Mid-Atlantic Regional Technician Certification Program certifications including knowledge of pipeline and utilities construction methods, materials, standards and specifications
- VDOT Intermediate Work Zone Traffic Control Training/Certification
- SWM/ESC Dual Inspector Certification as designated by the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VA DEQ)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade I
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.