CONSTRUCTION MANAGER - EPCM SITE MANAGER
• EPCM Site Leadership Role
• Fixed Term 2 Year Project
• Underground Experience Beneficial
You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success.
We are looking for a Construction Manager/EPCM Site Manager to join the project team at Tanami in the Northern Territory, who are responsible for the construction and commissioning of a deep shaft and underground material handling facility.
Your responsibilities will include;
• Demonstrated safety leadership, establish strong safety culture
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with site stakeholders including Tanami Operations, Customer Site team and Construction Project Contractors
• Proactively manage the interfaces across the Site, Home office and Engineering Office
• Promote and drive the involvement of Construction in areas of technical design, schedule, preliminary execution planning, and cost estimating.
• Manage all Worley onsite activities from site establishment to handover of assets to Operations
• Ensure adherence to construction work practices and plans in accordance with the Project Execution Plan.
• Lead risk reviews for the construction element of all projects.
• Manage the Worley’s legislative and Contractual onsite HSE compliance
• Work closely with Industrial Relations function, ensure contractor compliance with approved ERMPs, and to ensure adherence to, and keep up to date with, relevant policies and processes.
• Participate in the early development of the overall Construction Management execution strategy, working in consultation with EPCM Project Manager and Construction Area Managers.
• Coordinating early constructability input into Design, schedule and cost development.
• Contractor management including evaluating Sub-contractor capability and assisting as applicable in the evaluation of contractor proposals, and establishment of appropriate controls with the Project Controls group.
• Working with Recruitment, and the functions to source and recruitment of Project Site Management personnel. (Construction, Contracts, Projects Controls, Quality, HSE)
• Provide support, coordination, review and support to project teams.
• Ensure effective Constriction to Commissioning to Operations handovers.
• Demonstrated site leadership and proven track record of leading site teams
• Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of construction management systems, processes and tools.
• Strong safety leadership and visible commitment
• Substantial mine experience
• Minimum of 15 years relevant construction/site leadership experience of which five years must be in the construction of mining projects
• Construction or operation of deep hoisting mine shafts and/or underground material handling facility construction experience beneficial
Benefits to you
• A supportive work environment where innovation is inspired and new ideas are encouraged;
• The opportunity and support to develop your career globally;
• Continuous learning with hands- on onsite experience;
• A competitive remuneration package plus additional employee benefits;
• A global company commitment to all things related to health, safety and the environment
Worley recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace hence we encourage applications from people with a variety of experience and backgrounds. In addition, we recognise that everyone’s personal circumstances differ and thus understand the importance of offering flexibility in the working arrangements of our personnel. On this basis we will consider all types of engagements models, including part time and job sharing. We also offer, the ability to purchase up to 8 weeks leave, compressed work weeks, flexible hours, working from home and accrued flex days, to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
You must have current unrestricted working rights for Australia to be eligible for consideration and only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Worley.
Make a real difference - witness the results - be a part of the Worley journey today!