Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Working as a bridge between ITSM technologies and customer support teams, ITSM specialists work to take customer requirements and business information to support, design or re-design, develop, test and implement solutions. The Systems, Tools & Automation group are committed to Agile delivery with a focus on Automation and a DevOps approach.
About the Role
In this role as Senior Consultant, you will be providing technical support and expertise, testing new solutions, responding to feedback, and actively participating in future technology road mapping as well as maintaining and supporting current solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for guiding/ mentoring Analysts, Designers and the development team; along with indirect responsibility for their deliverables.
What you’ll do
As Senior Consultant, you will be accountable for, but not limited to:
• Interact with business and technical stakeholders to understand requirements, challenges and expectations
• Understand the customer and end user requirements
• Ensure quality of deliverables to the satisfaction of the customer and end user expectations
• Support functional and non-functional requirements gathering
• Understand requirements of in-flight projects, in line with the overall project scope
• Develop and own Architectural/ high level design, and ensure and own high-quality technical deliverables
• Work with developer to ensure implementation/ development of code as per the design and standards
• Assist in developing detailed project plans
• Assist Project Lead for the successful execution of the project.
What you’ll bring
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen.
What does success look like in this role? You will have one major industry accreditation, such as IBM Certified BigFix Administrator or equivalent, along with previous team leadership accountability. You will ideally have experience working across a large, complex IT organisation, with a broad range of toolsets. You will bring prior experience with BigFix for designing and implementing solutions for endpoint management, including Patching, SOE Deployment, Application Deployment and Compliance monitoring.
Other qualities we are looking for include knowledge of governance and risk management practice in the service industry, and an understanding of Cloud and Cloud adoption.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies.
We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.