Role Purpose: Storm Technology is a leading services solution provider of over 25 years with a passion for customer success and a Gold Microsoft Partner for over 15 years. Building on a sound foundation of strong customer relationships with both Irish and international companies, we believe our people play an integral role in contributing to that growth. We want all our people to be passionate individuals who are interested in actively participating in a group of inspired, problem solving and ideas generating teams using great technologies and designing solutions that deliver real value to our clients. To be successful in this role the Technical Lead must have experience in problem solving and the ability to match technology to the client’s business needs.
About this role
We are seeking an Azure Data Platform Consultant who is passionate about data analytics and helping customers achieve more with their data. As part of our Modern Apps consultancy we aim to help our customers all sizes to gain greater insights through understanding, modelling and predicting performance. With new clients coming into the business they are currently expanding and looking for someone to join their team. If you feel that you have the drive to join a dynamic, growing business then find more details below.
In this role, you will be
· Developing, designing and delivering enterprise grade Azure Data platform solutions to design Data Insights and business intelligence.
· Working in a face to face role with a wide variety of clients across several sectors (technology, manufacturing, finance and public sector).
· Working with clients to help them realise and understand the potential of data and machine learning and how they are beneficial to business
· Working on site with clients to gain better understanding of their business and recommend appropriate solutions.
This role will report directly to the Modern Application Practice Director and will work closely with other Customers, Team Leads, Technical Consultants, Resource Managers and developers across the business to ensure practice goals and objectives are met.
Opportunities with this role:
· Work on new technologies and pushing the boundaries on the capability of the teams and projects they lead
· Work directly with a customer base of some of the top companies in Ireland
· Opportunity to create compelling sales channel engagement while working on Pre-Sales tasks
· Professional development, growth and leadership opportunities
· Growing with a successful company in an exciting and vibrant market across many sectors
· Part of a growing practice unit with increased relevance in the market across many sectors
· Exposure to practice financial management for projects and resources
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements for the Successful Candidate
· Power BI (5+ years) – creating data visualisations/ desktops.
· Azure Data Factory (5+ years).
· Azure SQL Data warehouse with Polybase (ability to create own queries, input data, detect missing and corrupt data).
· Azure SQL Database as part of a PaaS solution.
· Demonstrable experience working in customer facing roles is essential.
Technical Requirements of the Successful Candidate
· Azure Data Factory
· Azure Data Lake Store and Azure Data Lake Analytics with uSQL
· Azure SQL Data Warehouse / Synapse with PolyBase
· Cosmos DB
· IoT Hub, Event Hub, Azure Stream Analytics
· Azure SQL Database as part of a PaaS solution
· Azure Analysis Services with DAX
· Cognitive Services
· Power BI (Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service)
· Power Apps
· Power Automate
Additional desirable skills
· Traditional Microsoft BI stack: SSRS / SSAS (Tabular with DAX & OLAP with MDX) / SSIS
· Development with C#, Python or R
· Understanding of enterprise BI and Data Warehousing concepts and methods
· Understanding of software engineering tools and concepts
· Experience of using Azure DevOps / Git
· Passion for technology and a thirst for knowledge
· Strong communication skills
· A science related education to degree level
Supporting Sales and Business Development
· Working closely with the Practice Director and Sales Team to review, provide input and agree quotations to Sales from a Consulting/Functional perspective
· Providing the necessary pre-sales support to the Sales team for input to business development activity, e.g. tender responses, Sales pitches etc.
· Work closely with Sales and contribute to technical solution design for tenders, quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade projects