Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a…National Content Director!
Rogers News & Entertainment has an unexpected opening for a creative content leader for our nationwide JACK brand. This role will be responsible for editorial direction, content creation, brand experience and talent across our JACK stations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in multi-platform content creation and brand building. They’ll be an inspirational and empathetic leader who performs at their best in highly competitive situations. This role reports to the VP/Music Brands & In House Production and is part of the leadership team.
What you will do…
• Partner with VP/Music Brands & In House Production to build the strategic plan for the JACK brand.
• Lead the effective implementation of the agreed strategy for each station, ensuring they achieve audience growth and deepen brand engagement.
• Lead national content initiatives & innovations across all platforms.
• Provide editorial direction to the JACK brand, developing targeted on-air, digital and social media content for the format.
• Coach and development of Content Directors and On-Air talent.
• Develop national content initiatives to grow audiences and revenue across all stations within the JACK format.
• Collaborate with Sales and Commercial Integrations to develop national promotions and revenue generating content initiatives.
• Work with Marketing team to create streamlined and consistent advertising, marketing and promotion materials for stations within the JACK format.
• Work with Production teams to create streamlined national imaging & content.
• Collaborate with the Leadership Team to support the achievement of the teams collective audience & content goals.
• Effectively manage content budget.
• Embed Rogers Vision & Values into the team.
• Stay informed on general trends in industry and regulatory changes/updates.
What you will bring…
• Ability to provide thought leadership & clear direction across the JACK portfolio.
• Extensive knowledge of adult hits format, music programming & curation and the music industry.
• A deep understanding of the Radio audience and audio consumption.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data to make informed business decisions
• A strong desire to forge a new path; favouring innovation & experimentation over best practices & “the way it has always been done”.
• Ability to lead people through influence instead of command.
• The empathy to create an inclusive culture that enhances creativity.
• Be a clear & persuasive communicator.
• Adept at managing numerous projects simultaneously.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently