Technology and its related functions is woven into all of R/GA’s offerings, from consulting to marketing, to product and service creation and support. The department operates as a horizontal across the R/GA global network, affording clients and partners scale and flexibility in tapping into diverse talent. The department is broadly focused on engineering and supporting software solutions, from mobile and web apps to advanced analytics and machine learning, to marketing and commerce and content platforms, across both B2B and B2C channels. Inherent in the process is deep expertise in the Software Development Life Cycle, Product Development methodologies, and supporting our clients in optimizing any related tools and workflows related to digital products that enable speed to market.
As a Content Engineer at R/GA, you work with project managers, Content Strategists, web engineering teams and related roles to realize content within digital properties for brands. You are able to understand how content should best be consumed and experienced and map that to how the content actually needs to be structured and populated within a specific solution (such as a CMS, social media management tools, eCommerce platforms, etc.). You are able to efficiently manage the process of implementing this content within systems and are responsible for following publishing workflows effectively.
Here’s what you should know if you want to be a Content Engineer at R/GA:
On any given day you might
- Be responsible for working within and managing authoring environment
- Work with content strategists, content creators, business analysts and web developers to orchestrate the planning and publishing of content
- Analyze content requirements and content sources and formats
- Model content structures and schemas within established templates
- Work within enterprise tools (CMS’s, content and marketing management tools, etc.) to track and manage the publishing process and implement content onto digital channels
- Design new content models within enterprise tools
- Construct new web pages/elements from existing templates and modules within a CMS or related tool to accommodate new content and pages within a digital experience
- Manage taxonomies and other metadata related to the content
- Structure and implement metadata
- Facilitate the translation workflows and publishing of localized content
- Provide input in optimizing or adapting the authoring experience and workflows to make a business and the content team more agile and efficient
The Ideal Person
- Understands how content translates systematically to technology platforms for web, mobile, and other digital outlets
- Has strong experience working within enterprise CMS’s and Digital Experience Platforms (such as Sitecore, Adobe Experience Manager, Acquia/Drupal or other), and related solutions such as DAM’s
- Has experience working within various publishing workflow processes and can navigate the various stage gates and approval processes to see content through inception to production
- Has a basic understanding of HTML page/module structures and content model structures and how content comes to life within those
- Understands concepts from standards such as Schema.org and Open Graph microdata output formats and methods for supporting semantic and SEO-friendly content
- Has solid analytical and troubleshooting experience
- Has a demonstrated ability to work well with a team in a fast paced environment
- Is openly communicative and collaborative. You take initiative in advocating for the best content experience.
- You have formal training or certifications from any major content/experience platforms (ie: Sitecore, AEM, Drupal, etc.)
- You have basic knowledge of HTML or frontend web development
- 3+ years’ experience
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
SVP, Global Managing Director, Growth & Development