SQL developers analyze, design and support applications that interface with the database. The developer will work closely with the database architect, the project manager and the client to build and deliver database solutions.
- Design and develop SQL Server databases and write applications to interface with SQL Server databases.
- Develop and test stored procedures, views, triggers and functions
- Perform quality checks on reports and exports to ensure exceptional quality
- Develop, maintain and enhance reports, queries and data exports
- Provide business users the data required for metrics and analysis
- Develop new SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages for Extraction Transform and Loading (ETL) purposes
- Modify and enhance existing SSIS packages.
- Create and maintain documentation for all projects
- Graduate Computer Science Engineer or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- 5-7 years of technology experience with adequate hands on technical roles in the field.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills (listening, speaking and able to write clear and easy to understand specs) to effectively interact with team members and business users
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), TSQL and Stored Procedures
- Experience in Data modeling principles and techniques.
- Experience producing reports, vendor exports, executing data warehousing and other data related tasks.
- Experience working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Should be a quick learner.
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Good in performance tuning, especially tuning complex queries, procedure and indexing strategies
- Experience working with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with XML, XSLT, and schema files
- Understanding of the Insurance domain and processes
- Experience with Insurance and/or Financial Reporting systems will be an added advantage
- Leadership skills.
Duck Creek is a leading provider of comprehensive P&C insurance software and services for insurers of all sizes worldwide. Employing progressive technology, our solutions enable insurers to optimize outcomes and enhance engagement through advanced digital and data capabilities and integrated functionality that can be delivered via the cloud or on premise.