Parsons is one of the world’s largest transportation planning, engineering, and construction firms. We have an extensive portfolio of diverse transportation projects including rail and transit, road and highway, bridge and tunnel, and aviation infrastructure. Parsons expertise encompasses all phases of transportation engineering operations - from the initial planning stage through final design, construction, and commissioning. Parsons has the people and power to move the world.
The Contract Administrator’s duties shall include:
- Act as the Client primary representative on the job site;
- Supervise a field office staff of 2-4 individuals (Inspection and administration staff); organize and delegate responsibilities and duties as needed to comply with timelines dictated by the contract schedule
- Administer the terms of the construction agreement between the client and the Contractor in a safe and responsible manner using sound judgment that represents the best interests of the client.
- Interpret the Contract Tender Documents and judge the Contractor’s performance of such; and ensure that the Contractors performance is in accordance with the Contract Documents;
- Ensure that all work on the contract proceeds according to plans, proceedings and contract specification prior to approving work and progress payments;
- Identify and manage issues that have impact on project schedule, financial implications, or cause a negative impact to the public;
- Ensure that accurate records are established and maintained to substantiate payment, and resolve claims; and
- Assist in negotiating changes to the nature of the contracted work or any extra/additional work.
- Demonstrated experience as a Contract Administrator of similar contracts (City of Kingston, MTO, Municipal, other);
- Demonstrated experience as an Assistant Contract Administrator on a High Complexity contract administration project;
- Demonstrated knowledge of design standards, OPS specifications, standard drawings, materials and methods associated with similar projects, including City of Kingston standards/specifications;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Laws and Regulations (Environmental, Health and Safety, etc.) and their application in construction contracts;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Road and / or Heavy Construction
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with PEO or as a Technician or Technologist with O.A.C.E.T.T. with Road Construction Contract Administration (RCCA) designation
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, negotiation and conflict resolution, problem solving, and organizational skills
- A valid Ontario 'G' Driver's License and access to a vehicle
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.