Processes company client contracts that support projects within Commercial Operations. Identifies project and/or individual contract related risks and works within the team to provide solutions. Assists in process or workflow improvements. Demonstrates leadership in the resolution of Customer contractual issues.
1. Manages assigned contract management processes for large complex contracting scenarios, including but not limited to, the coordination and finalization of the Customer contractual instrument including the project specifications and budget.
2. Acts as contract expert and interface for Clients, Business Development and Operational Leads, ensuring consistency in approach, metrics and format. Leading the negotiation and contract preparation through contract execution.
3. Communicates and explains contractual issues to internal and external parties per department guidelines.
4. Evaluates and reviews Customer requested contract changes and based upon department guidelines; escalates deviations to department leadership, operational stakeholders, and/or the Legal Department.
5. Serves as communication liaison between Contracts staff and internal and external Customers. Provides functional guidance and keeps Contracts team aware of all contract statuses or pending issues. Prepares correspondence as necessary.
6. Evaluates contracts for completeness and accuracy by comparing to department guidelines to determine adherence, and ensures that corrections are appropriately made and documented.
7. Initiates and participates in face-to-face or teleconference Customer meetings for expediting the contract signing process, as directed or independently determined as an appropriate course of action.
8. Assists senior management with training and mentoring of less experienced staff members on departmental processes and contractual negotiation strategies.
9. Maintains contract templates, workflows, and databases.
10. Recommends to senior management ways to implement improvements to the processes and systems.
11. May take a proactive role in developing relationships with appropriate staff in preferred customer organizations in close collaboration with Business Development.
12. Performs quality control reviews on documents as assigned.
B.A./B.S., preferably in business or life sciences, plus moderate contracts management or paralegal experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a contract research organization or the pharmaceutical industry preferred. Excellent knowledge of contract preparation and the ability to interpret budgets and associated service offerings. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email, and voicemail. Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, organizational and interpersonal skills, team-oriented and analytical skills. Ability to work independently and understand and carry out detailed instruction and the ability to work concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project. Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines is necessary. Ability to interact with staff from multiple departments. Excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills.
Primary Location: Latin America - ARG-BuenosAires-Avda-del-Liber
Other Locations: Latin America - MEX-Home-Based
Job: Sponsor Contracts
Employee Status: Regular