Primary Location: Switzerland-Geneva-Geneva
Other Locations: Switzerland-Basel-Basel
Job Function: Manufacturing %26 Operations
Job Posting Date: Dec 21, 2020, 4:57:46 AM
Are you committed to excellence and enjoy finding the best solutions for customers? If yes, then we have an excellent opportunity for you to join our Process Systems & Solutions team as a Control Systems Engineer!
We are looking for someone to take ownership for specific Process Control System solutions within the applications engineering field, which will meet the requirements of both the end-users and Emerson Automation Solutions business. By joining us, you will have the chance to grow and diversify your skill set and learn from some of the best managers and engineers in our industries.
If you are ready to become a part of our dynamic business, then join our team in Switzerland!
In this role you will:
• Develop functional and design specifications for Emerson Control systems (HW and SW) under supervision of the Lead Engineer and in co-operation with customers;
• Perform design studies and quality documents for projects according to the project specifications and in line with the applicable procedures and quality plans;
• Configure SW applications for the Emerson Control System DeltaV;
• Perform internal test and customer acceptance tests of the configured control system (HW and Application SW) in-house and at customer sites, as well as commissioning and start-up support;
• Provide after sales service and training at customer site;
• Assist the sales organization in demonstrations, presentations and engineering estimates;
You have knowledge of some, preferably all, of the following elements: Control system design, Control systems HW cabinet design and assembly, software system design, software implementation, software testing.
You should have the ability to work optimally with end users, engineering either internally or externally to the business, in ascertaining requirements, advising and documenting all aspects required in the provision of the department.
Above all, you possess interpersonal skills such as: professional demeanor, technical orientation, collaboration, flexibility, self-learning and you are highly motivated to succeed.
For succeeding in this position, you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably Electrical or Process Automation Engineering;
• Proven experience with: GAMP5, DeltaV Batch application, Validation and Life Science, MS-Office Applications;
• Proficiency in English and French
• Valid driving license for car;
• Willingness to travel to other world areas for training or business trips if necessary;
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as a Control Systems Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
We look forward to receiving your application, which you should submit to us exclusively via our career portal.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at [...]