You're a likely candidate for this job if you are driven by high expectations. You might be a good fit for this position if you thrive in a role where integrity, reliability and leadership are valued. Candidates who would be excited to take responsibility for an accounting and clerical department will be interested in Robert Half Finance's opportunity to join a successful smaller company as a Controller on London, Ontario area, this opening for a Controller is a full-time position. The ideal candidate for this position can plan and direct all accounting operational functions, handle the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluate accounting and internal control systems, and lead departmental staff. If you can effectively manage self and others within strict time constraints when providing client services, and are a creative type who can lead while also being a team player, generate innovative ideas, and challenge the status quo, you might be right for this position. The company will reward you with exceptional compensation and benefits and potential for career growth.
Responsibilities of the Controller:
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective operation
- Manage monthly and annual close of income statement and balance sheet, the reconciliations of accounts, and G/L analysis
- Analyze deliverables of self and team to confirm they meet client expectations
- Evaluate, apply and refine policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage the creation of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Handle daily cash management and produce cash-flow reports, calculating cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Manage finance department operations, including accounts payable, billings, collections, and payroll
- Present executive committee and partners with monthly financial reports
- CPA (CMA, CGA, CA) are preferred
- 5 plus years of progressive accounting experience, in a accounting management position
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Knowledge of Annual Financial Reporting
- Budget forecasting experience
- Solid understanding of month end closings
- Business analysis experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of ad hoc Financial Analysis
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Our parent company, Robert Half International Inc., has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.