Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a global leader in mass transfer, heat transfer, and emissions-control and clean-air combustion systems. We back every product with decades of proven performance, unrivalled research and development capabilities, and expert service and support. Our customers produce the world’s energy, chemicals, and plastics, and eliminate harmful emissions from the air, water, and soil. We help them operate in a cleaner, safer and more economical way.
Koch Engineered Solutions is looking for a Controls Engineering Manager to lead the team of Engineers assigned to work on the design, testing, commissioning, startup, and automatic control of a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment for our manufactured and packaged equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limit to: motors, valves, actuators, and transmitters, emission monitoring equipment, recorders, and programmable logic controllers (PLC). Controls Engineering Manager will be required to have knowledge and experience programming and altering all types of PLC’s, HMI’s, PID loop controllers, VFD’s, and other control devices.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a role model and positive example of the MBM Guiding Principles including integrity, humility, respect, and transformation.
- Motivate and lead the Controls Engineering team and ensure that the whole team is fully engaged and aligned with our vision of supplying high-quality engineered systems which are safe, reliable, and delivered on-time.
- Provide technical leadership and training and guide engineers in the use of project standards to maintain high quality and consistency.
- Manage the engineering resources and effectively communicate the team’s needs to the Director of Engineering.
- Work with Engineering Managers in the other global regions to share knowledge and appropriately manage rapidly shifting workloads.
- Together with the Project Engineering Manager, lead the Engineering team to design systems to supply and control Fuel, Combustion Air, Instrument Air, Steam, Water, and other streams to proprietary equipment for safe and functional operation, including P&IDs and supporting documentation such as logic diagrams, operating control narratives, PLC programming and other components such as HMI, VFD, controllers, etc.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Proficient English language skills: reading, writing, and speaking.
- 1+ years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with resource planning, scheduling, and coordination.
- 10+ years' experience - Allen Bradley Control Logix PLC platform: designing, specifying instruments, programming, drafting.
- AutoCAD experience – line changes / tag number changes / inserting PLC cards / instrumentation.
- 10+ years' experience with Burner Management System (BMS) – revamping older equipment and systems.
- 10+ years' experience understanding and applying GB electrical and fire safety codes.
- 10+ years' experience with 480 VAC equipment.
- 10+ years' experience of computer and industrial networking applications.
- Proven Mechanical and Electrical aptitude and ability to work independently and with a team to solve problems.
- BS Electrical Engineering, BS Controls Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Willing and able to work in an industrial environment on packaged equipment.
What Will Put You Ahead
- 5+ years’ experience in leadership role.
- 15+ years’ experience working on all types of industrial, electrical, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, transmitters, and PLC equipment.
- 15+ years’ experience with electrical and control panel design.
- 15+ years’ experience with safety, including applicable GB codes.
- Experience with Modicon PLC, Triconex PLC, GE Rx3i PLC, Siemens PLC, Wonderware/Indusoft HMI.
- Experience with Safety Instrumented systems (SIS).
- Experience designing, specifying, operating, function testing, troubleshooting, and commissioning of controls and instrumentation related equipment in the refinery and petrochemical industry: Mass/Heat Transfer equipment, Flares, Thermal Oxidizer, Fluid Heaters/Furnaces, and/or Boilers.