About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role of Manager, Delivery, COO, works with the wider COO team to support the implementation of the refreshed functional strategy, specifically in the risk assessment, scheduling and delivery.
GIA has committed to build:
- An agile workforce of subject matter experts (products and functions), supported by specialist auditors (champions) in right locations.
- A Culture of growth with development opportunities to attract, develop and retain the right individuals to deliver our Plan.
- An inclusive culture with diversity of thought and experience
The Manager, Delivery, COO, is pivotal to providing reporting on delivery, supporting the risk assessment process and scheduling
The role is focussed on driving increased functional performance by monitoring and reporting on delivery, working with the wider team to identify impediments to delivery, and resolving these. Supporting the risk assessment and scheduling processes will be a part of this role.
Delivery in an impactful, cost efficient way will be a key driver of success.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of the risk assessment framework in line with the functional strategy.
- Responsible to support reporting against risk assessment, scheduling and delivery.
- Support delivery and reporting of relevant strategic functional targets and scorecards.
It will be vital for the role holder to work closely with other stakeholders both internal and external to GIA, to support the delivery of:
- Risk Assessment
- Reporting on audit execution and issue management
- Other aspects of Audit Plan management, as required.
- Improving the scheduling approach, particularly with the eventual move of our scheduling platform into the new audit management system. Continuously seeking to identify opportunities for greater efficiency in the risk assessment and scheduling processes.
People and Talent
- Contribute learnings and feedback to the GIA Learning team for further socialisation.
- Support the Senior Manager, Delivery in maintaining a rigorous risk management framework for the function as it relates to Risk Assessment and Audit Plan Management
- Managing the framework for reporting on Changes to the Audit Plan and escalate early if delivery of the Plan becomes at risk.
- The role holder will focus on the governance around the risk assessment, scheduling and audit plan delivery processes. Working with other members of the COO team, the individual will contribute to effective reporting on the above.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- As part of the wider COO team, the role holder will be expected to support the delivery of the function’s priorities with ad hoc project work as required.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Audit or Risk professional, ideally with a recognised qualification and membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident to deliver training, moderate sessions and coach SME trainers from within the function
- Outstanding ability to convey complex topics succinctly to a variety of audiences
- Driven and self-motivated
- Able to deliver quality work with minimal supervision
- Collaborative and committed to learning
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.