The Coordinator of Administrative Services is responsible for coordinating activities and providing supervision in the operation and administration of a department. Responsible for making complex administrative decisions requiring knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies, and procedures. Also, responsible for fiscal and administrative activities for a department.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Relieves administrator of a wide variety of internal administrative duties which require a thorough understanding of the functions, programs, and policies of the College and department.
• Plans, organizes, and coordinates administrative operations.
• Provides exceptional customer service with a high degree of tact and technical knowledge, while ensuring the highest level of confidentiality.
• Coordinates the collection of information or the preparation of abstracts, reports, proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation as required.
• Analyzes and prepares tables, graphs and charts for management use or presentations about departmental or divisional activities.
• Serves as a liaison with other departments on policies, procedures, and practices.
• Plans, supervises, and schedules the work of assigned staff.
• Responsible for all routine and non-routine administrative functions and correspondence.
• Manages calendar and independently schedules appointments for the assigned supervisor.
• Composes, reviews, and distributes documents such as, confidential and complex correspondence, memos, reports, and requisitions that are sent to internal and external contacts.
• Reports to a top-level administrator of the College.
• Makes judgments and decisions to keep office functioning smoothly in absence of supervisor.
• May oversee and process purchase requisitions and orders, travel requests and reimbursements.
• May monitor expenditures and income against the budgets, maintains accurate accounting ledgers and facilitates account reconciliations.
• Coordinates and arranges meetings, conferences and committee meetings.
• Assists in providing timely responses to requests received by the office.
• Responds independently within scope of responsibility.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, policies, and procedures.
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Texas Southmost College (TSC).
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation, creativity, and service to the College.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite.
• Completes duties and responsibilities in compliance with college standards, policies and guidelines.
• Promotes positive morale and teamwork within the functional unit and provides exceptional customer service to students, faculty and the community.
• Uses interpersonal skills and makes sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed between coworkers, the supervisory chain, faculty, staff, students, and customers.
• Supports the values and institutional goals as defined in the College’s Strategic Plan.
• Participates in the process for systematic review and evaluation per the institutional effectiveness model adopted by the College.
• Working hours may include evenings, holidays or weekends depending on deadline requirements and special events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A strong commitment to the mission of the community college.
• Ability to maintain an established work schedule.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Must have strong attention to detail, maintain high level of accuracy, and possess solid organizational skills.
• Ability to handle and direct multiple and complex assignments and projects.
• Proficient in the use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and efficiently and maintain positive working relationships with administration, staff, faculty, students and the community.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and effectively present information to top management.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete multiple tasks with attention to detail, within stated deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a customer service focus.
• Ability to embrace a culture of inquiry, evidence and innovation.
• Cooperation team player in a diverse working environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to apply those skills innovatively and creatively across a broad spectrum of issues.
• Demonstrated ability to actively engage in conflict resolution while fostering positive, constructive outcomes.
• Ability to make complex decisions in a rapidly changing environment while remaining calm, utilizing information that may be limited or ambiguous.
• Ability to adapt to constant change and periods of fast-paced, high-intensity work situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Five years of progressive administrative experience.
• Experience with proposals, agreements, and budget management.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Master’s degree from an accredited university.
• Eight years of progressive administrative experience, with at least four years in a comprehensive community college or university setting.
• Demonstrated experience in handling and prioritizing multiple job assignments simultaneously.
• Experience with Colleague ERP system.
None required.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please Note: Official transcripts are only required if recommended for hire.
Official transcripts shall be sent directly from the issuing institution to the College District’s Office of Human Resources and must include documentation of all credit earned, including the education requirements that specifically qualifies the applicant for the position. The address to send all transcripts is:
Texas Southmost College
Office of Human Resources
80 Fort Brown, Tandy 105
Brownsville, Texas 78520
For eTranscripts please use email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College District recognizes equivalent credits and degrees earned from foreign universities. The equivalency shall be determined by translation and evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For more information please visit: [...]
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).