Windows Core Developer (C / C++)
Who We Are
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyze and understand product requirements & use cases, IN ORDER TO appreciate detailed use cases, and develop appropriate solution for given requirements.
- Accurately estimate and plan work items for self, IN ORDER TO independently handle priorities in accountable area of ownership.
- Closely work with peer development engineers to review requirements specifications and technical design documents IN ORDER TO collaborate and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Understand the customer environment, deployments to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues arising from field.
- Closely work with test engineering and documentation engineers to provide timely feedback on test cases/design & product documentation.
- Ability to independently handle priorities in assigned areas of responsibility and demonstrate continuous improvement.
- Ability to work with global team and thrive in a fast-paced environment to learn rapidly.
- Adhering to companies & team’s best practices / processes IN ORDER TO develop high quality software.
- Continuously enhance the code by incorporating newer technologies, improving the code structure and performance, and finding/fixing bugs.
- Good knowledge of programming on Windows Platform for core windows solutions (not limited to applications), with strong programming experience on C / C++.
- Must have strong technical aptitude to understand infrastructure & enterprise product technologies.
- Demonstrated strong debugging skills using debugging tools/source code analysis. Analyze, debug, fix kernel/user mode problems reported by end customers (including dump analysis etc).
- Hands on with the engineering tools - IDEs, build management tools like Jenkins, Git, Source code profiling tools etc.
- Good understanding of operating systems & software engineering concepts.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to work with software developers, testers, support engineers, doc team members and cross Geo team members.
- Highly detail oriented, self-managed and organized, pay specific attention to details & quality.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Great passion for learning and has a “can do” attitude.
Good to Have:
- Exposure to SaaS & related technologies - AWS, Azure, Containers (Docker/Kubernetes) etc.
- Knowledge in Information Security / Network Security space / OpenSSL.
- Experience in Windows kernel driver development. Knowledge on Windows Installers / WIX Build.
- Exposure to MS technologies like AD, SQL Server, Windows Services etc.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status