Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Head of FP&A – Core Markets will include: • Leading the planning and forecasting for the Core Markets region (UK, DEATCH, Western Europe, Australia) and work with the Core Markets management team and wider FP&A team to produce weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, review monthly forecasts, quarterly targets and annual budgets for the region. • Providing detailed strategic insight into the dynamics of the differing parts of the Core Markets business and deep dives to understand specific revenue driver trends. • Crafting and owning the Core Markets revenue performance storyline including being able to communicate it strategically and influentially to Senior Executives on a daily/weekly/monthly basis (incl. monthly Operating Reviews). • Partnering with global and regional FP&A/Analytics teams to generate actionable insights and proactively identify risks & opportunities vs. current plans. • Driving Core Markets and PP Inc FP&A analytics tools and process strategies, partnering with global FP&A and technology teams. The candidate will report to the Senior Director FP&A – Core Markets and be part of the Finance team based in Luxembourg
What does Success Look Like?
• Delivering accurate monthly forecasting for the Core Markets region which is a critical component of the overall PP Inc. Business.
• Being able to craft, own & effectively communicate the Core Markets revenue performance storyline to Senior Executives.
• Working with local Management team and finance/analytics partners to build the financial planning (3-year plan, annual budget and monthly forecasts) for the Core Markets.
• Proactively share actionable insights and risks & opportunities vs. current plans to local/global Senior Finance & BU leaders.
• Driving optimal decision making through insightful models and analytical tools & use of extensive financial and quantitative analysis, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Net Present Value modeling.
• Successfully managing, coaching and developing the Core Markets FP&A team based in Luxembourg.
• Participating in specific ad-hoc projects by partnering with Global & Regional FP&A team members and Regional Senior Management.
• You have experience gained as Senior Finance Manager, Senior FP&A Manager, Director FP&A ideally in a fast growing, medium/large company environment within the eCommerce or financial services sectors.
• You can demonstrate experience in driving forecast and budget processes in highly matrixed environment.
• You can demonstrate experience in building and challenging financial models.
• You have experience guiding decisions through a highly matrix environment.
• You have strong communication skills and experience distilling and presenting complex financial analyses into action-oriented recommendations.
• You are detail-oriented, highly analytical individual who strives for excellence and that wants to be part of a great team.
• You have high energy and a true desire to understand the drivers of the business.
• You have ability to thrive in a cross-functional / multicultural environment while juggling multiple responsibilities.
• You have ability to effectively manage projects/ results oriented.
• You have strong Excel and Power Point skills. Experience with database products (i.e. Essbase, Microstrategy, SQL).
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.