At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The CA Lead will be a member of the Argentina´s Leadership Team (LT), He/she will report to the LATAM CA Lead. He/she will work in close alignment with the General Manager of Argentina.
This position will require international travel (up to 15%).
- Drive the Corporate Affairs strategy for BMS Argentina
- Design and executive a robust strategy to BMS Argentina, to support the company´s vision of becoming a leading biopharma company that transforms patients ‘lives through science.
- Align strategy to overall objectives of BMS Argentina, in continuous cooperation with different functions, and alignment with GM.
- Strategic counsel to the Argentine Leadership Team
- Be an active member of the LT and contribute to the overall direction of the company.
- Proactively advise the LTs on key communications issues and coach leaders on effective communications
- Brand communications & reputation management
- Work with the LATAM and Global Corporate Affairs and local leadership team to develop and execute the communications strategy including media relations, brand & corporate and digital communications in support of the product portfolio and business objectives
- Proactively drive initiatives which contribute to building a strong reputation for BMS aligned with global and regional objectives
- Anticipate and prepare for stakeholder reactions to corporate, brand and regulatory milestones, and deliver appropriate communications strategy to maximize communications opportunities while mitigating risks. Own the Crisis Playbook and ensure adequate trainings.
- Advocacy and stakeholder engagement:
- Drive Advocacy strategy for the markets, to execute strategic partnership with Patient Groups according to BMS principles.
- Work closely with the access & policy team in creating and implementing an integrated external engagement plan targeted towards patient advocacy organizations, media, government institutions and other relevant groups (eg, trade associations, HTA) who influence the public discussion around the environment for optimal therapeutic innovation and market access.
- Facilitate the inclusion of the patient and caregiver voice among cross-functional projects (e.g. access, medical affairs, employee engagement).
- Executive communications and employee engagement:
- Develop a strategic executive communications plan to support GMs and partner with HR in execution of the employee engagement and change initiatives as needed.
- Provide strategic direction to the internal communications of BMS Argentina
Education, Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in communication, marketing, or similar careers required.
- 10+ years of related experience in positions of responsibility. Pharmaceutical sector experience desirable but not mandatory.
- Strong network of contacts amongst media in Argentina.
- Good understanding of the political environment in Argentina and ability to interpret how the external changes can impact BMS and its reputation.
- Experience in working for large global organization, and strong ability to collaborate across the matrix with access, regulatory, medical and legal teams across the world
- Excellent ability to partner with business stakeholders, experience in working with senior executives and being part of the leadership team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast changing environment and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Strong leadership and influencing skills as well as pose and composure in dealing with demanding or adversarial groups
- Commitment to a highly-ethical organization
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.