With the continued growth that LAB3 is experiencing, we require a commercially driven, highly trusted legal adviser to work with the organisation and to provide timely and effective legal support to the business and individuals regarding technology and related matters.
As the in-house lawyer, you will have to supplement your understanding of the law with a deep knowledge of LAB3, including our business goals, liabilities, obligations, and assets. In-house lawyers often assist with handlings transactions, acquiring new assets (especially property), dealing with regulators, and reducing their employer’s legal exposure when launching new products or services.
- Take a leading role in transactional legal work with respect to technology matters and support the Group Commercial team on matters requiring specialist technology advice.
- Partner with business stakeholders, to enable achievement of LAB3’s strategy, compliance and governance objectives.
- Provide effective and timely delivery of legal services, including supporting the business to engage with the Group’s technology suppliers and service providers to manage commercial and legal risk.
- Proactive identification of legal issues and risks and the development of risk-balanced commercial solutions.
- Review and refresh internal culture of privacy awareness including developing and delivery of training including targeted training to teams in high risk areas.
- Review new and proposed legislation, policy and case law to advise on emerging legal issues impacting LAB3 and to ensure compliance.
- Advising on legislative and regulatory changes.
- Participating in the development and interpretation of the organisation’s policies.
- Collaborating and cooperating with external legal providers in relevant legal matters.
- Reducing LAB3’s legal exposure when launching new products or services.
- Implementing risk management procedures.
- Participate in the drafting and negotiations of commercial contracts.
- Be the conduit of LAB3 to External Legal Council.
- You will have been admitted as a solicitor in NSW, VIC and/or QLD (unrestricted practicing certificate)
- 5-8 years legal experience either in-house or in private practice with a focus on technology and commercial law.
- Advanced knowledge of technology and procurement/contract law.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property and data/privacy law.
- The aptitude to perform autonomously and navigate through complex and ambiguous environments.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting legal and regulatory requirements which apply to relevant. business operations.
- A strategic thinker who can manage multiple projects and manage competing priorities and interests.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain strategic relationships to facilitate partnerships and cooperation.
- You like to challenge the ‘status quo’.
- Own and drive the legal function within an exciting and fast paced technology company
- Flexibility, Fun and Family. We know what is most important during these crazy times and ensure an adaptable working environment for all our people.
- Work with a 6 time Microsoft Gold Partner and Awarded company alongside some of the industry's leading tech professionals (we are proud to say we preserve a hub of some of the top talent in this space).
- Uphold a strong culture that drives and values diversity, inclusion, flexibility, support, team building, fun and each individual.
- Join the journey of the fastest growing IT company who is disrupting the industry in Australia, recognised and awarded by CRN (2019) and Microsoft Partner of the Year - Growth award winner 2020.