This role is working in our Clinical Functional Service Partnerships team. As the Country Operations Lead you will be the Spain & Portugal Country FSP Head, responsible for all sponsor-dedicated business models and Headcount.
This is a fantastic opportunity to embed yourself in the FSP team and collaborate with other regional heads in formulating effective strategic goals and objectives for designated regions, whilst assuring operational alignment with senior management priorities.
The role: Responsibilities
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters
- Accountable at country level for financial results. Analyze and review budget for Spain & Portugal. Able to act pro-actively on Revenue/Cost of Revenue and makes strategic choice
- Implementation & direction of regional strategy at country level as discussed with Regional Heads and aligned with global FSP model principles and guidance.
- Responsible of Operational Delivery of all models in the designated country
- Develop country specific improvement plans for below-target KPIs and other performance measures
- Responsible for all Quality delivered by FSP staff in Spain & Portugal.
- Discuss quality of monitoring performance and collaborate with sponsor and IQVIA colleagues to ensure proactive problem solving and process improvement is implemented
- Participate in Local sponsor meetings as appropriate.
- Create and maintain effective relationship between sponsor and IQVIA
- Provide a leadership role in country resourcing process through continual evaluation of existing and futures resources alternatives/needs, proactive planning and collaboration with Staffing Team
- University Degree required preferably in a medical/science-related field
- Recommended minimum of 10 years of clinical trials experience including 4 years’ experience in a leadership capacity or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Our ideal candidate: Skills & other requirements
- Strong leadership skills;
- Decision maker and Risk Management Skills;
- High ability to identify and developed Talent;
- Knowledge of clinical research financial parameters, Model/Country financial tracking and accounting methods;
- Good interpersonal skills that have proven effective in managing relationships and negotiating solutions at local level while maintaining a level of approachability with colleagues both internal and external to the organization.
- High ability to create and maintain good business relationships, ability to work under pressure with multiple internal / external clients with competing goals
- Proven people management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with high flexibility to a successful conclusion
- Experience working as part of a team with a proven ability to make an active contribution to the team’s performance and teamwork
- Excellent communications skills including the ability to state opinions clearly, ask questions, seek clarification, communicate facts objectively, challenge when appropriate, and pursue issues to resolution;
- Ability to present clear messages accurately in both written and spoken English from complex information/data to all levels in the organization.
We invite you to join IQVIA™
- Recognized by Great Place to Work as the second best company to work for in Spain (March 2019)
- FORTUNE Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies list for the third year in a row (June 2020)
- Recognized by the 2016 Scrip Awards as the Best Full-service Provider Contract Research Organization (CRO)
- Awarded the 2016 Eagle Award from the Society for Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) for the fourth consecutive year.
- A site-nominated award recognizing contract research organizations (CRO) and biopharmaceutical sponsors dedicated to building positive relationships with research sites through leadership, professionalism and integrity.
- IQVIA™ named in The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) 2017 Global Outsourcing 100® List which recognizes the world’s best service providers across a range of industries.
IQVIA™ is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on qualifications and merit. We prohibit discrimination based on any unlawful consideration such as age, race, national origin, gender or other "protected status.“
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
Are you interested or do you know the ideal candidate?
- If you know the right candidate or for more information on this role please contact email@example.com
- Please note is necessary that your application is registered in our Talent Network to process your candidacy