Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination! As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle are a magnet for yachting, fishing, diving, beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts from all around the world.
Our Hamilton Island Marina offers an array of water-based activities to our guests including stand up paddle boards (SUPs), windsurfers, catamarans and paddle skis as well as snorkelling tours. We are currently recruiting for a Jet Ski Tour Guide to join our team.
Culture & Benefits
- Save money with subsidised furnished staff accommodation
- Accredited training provided via the Robert Oatley College
- Staff perks - discounts on restaurants and activities!
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
- Enjoy living and working on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef!
About the Role
- Conduct Jet ski tours around Hamilton island
- Provide detailed safety briefings to guests
- Educate guests on the natural aspects of Hamilton Island and the surrounding Whitsundays area
- Set up and pack down of all jet skis and gear
- Check weather conditions and liaise with the Tour Desk
- Assist with the rest of the Marina Water Activities and duties including dinghy hire
- Valid manual licence
- Coxswain qualification
- Exception 38
- Current First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge, skills and understandings of tides, wind strength and direction
- Be physically strong and able to assist individual guests when required
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to create the extraordinary in every tour