Talon Recruiting has partnered with a leading overhead crane manufacturer. Together we are in search of a Journeyman Service Technician to join their team in Mississauga, ON. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a strong potential for future growth and career advancement.
This is a full-time position and would report to the Branch Service Manager.
The Senior JM Field Service Technician, under the direction of the Branch Service Manager, will primarily be responsible for timely service calls, in regards to safe, efficient and profitable completion of jobs in maintaining and repairing cranes, hoists, components, and their controls. Advises and makes recommendations to the Branch Service Manager on improving service operations.
The Senior JM Field Service Technician is also responsible for maintaining and working in accordance with the Company’s Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and systems and for ensuring others also follow these same processes to provide a safe working environment for all.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Client/Customer Focus - Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication - Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Ownership - Takes pride in the work that is accomplished, and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates professional standards of conduct when governing interactions between individuals in a business environment.
- Resourceful - Responds to difficult situations or workplace requirements by using the available tools and information to support decisions and solutions.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Safety Procedures – Working knowledge of all company safety systems applicable to employees manufacturing cranes.
- Panel wiring of crane equipment.
- Wiring of remote systems.
- Electrical servicing of lifting equipment.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment that forms part of overhead cranes.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits and feeders that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Test electrical components that form parts of overhead cranes for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgears, transformers, switchboard meters and regulators that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, electrical control systems that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems, and other related devices that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Conduct electrical preventative maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- Mechanical servicing of lifting equipment which includes the inspection of gearboxes and oil levels, measuring of long travel and cross travel wheels for wear, greasing of open gears and grease points, inspection of load ropes for basic wear or tightness.
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repairing of lifting equipment, which involves basic rigging of solid weights onto load hooks. The knowledge of the operation of electronic load cells is essential.
- Installation and commissioning of new cranes and supply systems.
- Overhauling of long travel, cross travel and hoist gearboxes.
- Calibration of load cells and load limiters
- Reading blueprints of cranes
- Inspecting overhead cranes for malfunctions and incorrect operations.
- Assemble and install new overhead cranes.
- Present yourself in a professional manner with clients while on the job site
- Operate according to the established operating procedures of the company
- Timely on all service calls and complete in a timely, cost efficient and productive manner to meet the needs of the clients for work that needs to be repaired or serviced.
- Maintain adequate levels of specialty tools that will enable you to do the work proficiently and as fast as possible.
- Have all necessary work orders and associated forms so as to ensure an efficient and effective operation.
- Operate in accordance with approved pricing of services performed by the Service Department so as to maximize profitability while maintaining its competitive edge.
- Ensure that all parts, items and time are charged to the individual work orders
- When assigned, assist in the training of personnel so as to ensure that they have the knowledge and ability to do the repairs as assigned.
- Provide any reports that may be required by your supervisor, i.e. Service Reports, Log Books as required by OHS or WCB
- Ensure that all necessary shop tools, special tools and service equipment are accounted for and maintained in good order
- Ensure that all installation and repair of doors are performed safely in accordance with company, CSA and OHS compliance and established operating procedures
- Generate all work orders when assigned.
- Ensure all work orders are completed and reviewed for completeness and accuracy prior to the accounting department creating the customer invoice.
- Ensure that all required Warranty and Service work is completed on a timely basis.
- Attend mandatory meetings to discuss departmental concerns, plans and performance.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Branch Service Manager.
- IMS (Integrated Management System). As an employee you are responsible for maintaining and working in accordance with our Quality procedures and systems and for ensuring others also follow these same processes. Each employee is encouraged to highlight areas where improvements can be made through Improvement Opportunity System. Employees actively participate in the ongoing review of the IMS and ensure that all quality, environmental, and health and safety standards are complied with.
- Health & Safety. Each employee is responsible for maintaining and working in accordance with our environmental, health and safety procedures and systems and for ensuring others also follow these same processes to provide a safe working environment for all. We encourage employees to highlight areas where improvements can be made through the Improvement Opportunity System.
- High School or equivalent with a Journeyman or Trade Certificate for Electrician or Millwright
- 10,000 hours or more as service technician on overhead cranes, hoists and associated lifting equipment
- Must be skilled in the use and comprehension of complete crane and hoist systems, engineering drawings, and have the knowledge and ability to diagnose and troubleshoot crane electrical control systems, install and replace components such as motors, VFD systems and associated systems.
- Mechanical skills; must have a good understanding of service and repair for all makes and type of industrial cranes.
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Requires analytical and statistical knowledge using general business mathematical skills.
- Language ability includes reading, writing, spelling and the ability to communicate clearly on a technical and business level in English.
- Competitive wages
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid vacation/Time Off
- RRSP Matching
- Company service vehicle, laptop, and cell phone
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Your application will be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please review all application instructions before applying.