With almost half of global revenues being generated outside of the US, the international organization is paramount to the success of Amazon. Europe is often the testing ground for new international initiatives, and therefore sits at a fascinating and critical intersection within Amazon globally. It holds all nine business lines in multiple marketplaces encapsulating the spirit of innovation and energy that is core to Amazon.
Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the business customer and focused on building Amazon Business, the largest and most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace in the world, and we are recruiting the best of the best to make this vision a reality across the globe. Spain is one of the fastest growing Amazon EU marketplaces, including our B2B business.
B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high investment for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions to enable business customers to discover, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between) that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
Senior Customer Advisors are Account Executives and accountable for an industry segment across Iberia from strategy to closing engagements. They identify and convince customers and advise them how to embrace Amazon Business as marketplace for indirect spend. In this function, they act as General Managers of their sales territory, leveraging the a proven playbook, working with other Amazon B2B teams, and deciding balancing between convincing new and engaging with existing customers. They build a holistic industry approach by liaison with the full internal and external ecosystem in order to drive customer success. The ideal candidate will have experience developing relationships across functional areas such as procurement, source-to-pay, production, maintenance, supply chain and IT in large, complex businesses and has proven track record of exceeding goals. Account Representatives do not perform transactional selling – they advise our customers to embrace Amazon Business as next generation of corporate procurement solution.
· Owns all facets of the account management process for large, complex strategic accounts within industry assigned
· Owns a full territory/one full large Industry; Ownership of pipeline and influence over lead sourcing process
· Meet or exceed targets for prospecting/new customer acquisition and customer account management
· Interacts up to VP/SVP Level with customers (e.g. CPO, Head of Indirect Procurement). Ability to articulate, discuss, and contribute to customer’s procurement strategy and key focus points
· Ability to close customer contract negotiations and contracting activities with various stakeholders
· Develop long-term relationships with multiple stakeholders in customer accounts
· Drive and accelerate spend adoption within assigned accounts
· Relay customer needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management and Category Management teams
· Drive periodic innovation aimed at improving customer satisfaction
· Work closely with marketing, merchandising, business development, customer service and other key internal Amazon stakeholders