If you enjoy working with the public in a high energy and dynamic environment - challenging and rewarding job opportunities await you at Serco Canada Inc.
You will be part of a professional team which supports operations at all DriveTest Centres across Ontario on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation. Customer Service Agents are based out of one of our 56 DriveTest Centre locations. Bring your expertise and customer service skills Serco Canada Inc. where challenging and rewarding job opportunities await you!
Serco supports the Ministry of Transportation as a prime for their Driver Examiner Services (DES) contract which supports their DriveTest Centre operations, providing customer information and assisting members of the public at various stages of the driver’s licensing process. Our team of Customer Service Agents engages with customers in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner.
You will be part of a team that works closely with the customer and other Serco teams that deliver quality services. Serco’s Regional Managers and individual Site Managers lead the team of Customer Service Agents, offering many years of experience working with our customer and providing the Ministry with excellence in customer care.
This position requires fluency in French and English.
This position is contingent upon your ability to pass Criminal Record Check (CPIC); Fingerprint Criminal Record Check.
In this role, you will:
• Address inquiries in person and on the telephone, providing information about license rules and regulations, verify driver records and provide information regarding test/re-test procedures and
regulations relating to all classes of licenses.
• Investigate problems or errors in license records and initiate corrections.
• Distribute and verify application forms for accuracy and completeness.
• Schedule / dispatch road test appointments, collect applicable fees, provide results and prepare reports.
• Provide information and assistance related to driver examination services.
• Ensure the fair and proper conduct of written examinations, assist in the administration of written examinations, including preparation of test takers entry, invigilate, distribute and collect exam
• Issue temporary driver’s licenses, and process licensing changes.
• Administer commercial license renewals, including accepting medical examination reports and criminal record checks.
• Identify license exchange privileges and/or test requirements for driver’s license applicants from other countries, provinces, and jurisdictions; assess foreign license eligibility, translations, and
letters of authentication from other countries.
• Capture applicant photos, administer vision tests to ensure minimum requirements are met, and provide referrals to vision specialists.
• Collect applicable fees accurately.
• Create a calm, professional, and supportive environment that enables applicants to perform to the best of their abilities.
• Escalate customer concerns and redirect customers to other government agencies when required.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
Employee hours vary based on customer demand and location's operating hours.
This position may require extended shift hours and possibly Saturday hours (depending on location) during certain periods of the year when DriveTest Centre volume is higher.
This position requires the attendance of a formal training session, which includes classroom instruction with experience and qualified trainers and on the job shadowing at a DriveTest Centre facilitated by a coach.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Customer Service professionals and our passionate Serco team, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes few minutes and could change your career!
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Serco Canada Inc. an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values, Serco Canada is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. Serco Canada will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.