Requisition ID: 94826
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Why Scotia iTRADE?
Scotia iTRADE is a top Canadian brokerage committed to helping investors achieve their goals through exceptional service, unique educational tools and resources, and a personalized digital experience. Joining our Contact Centre means working in a fast-paced and rewarding environment, supporting our clients through inbound and outbound calls. Our focus on training and professional development will support you as you build your career with Scotiabank.
As a Customer Service Representative
You are the primary point of contact for clients, making you an important ambassador for Scotia iTRADE. Our advanced training program, in combination with your skills and experiences, arm you with the ability to provide knowledgeable and professional service. You will provide specialized knowledge regarding new accounts, transfers, trading, and products and services, and be a proactive promoter of iTRADE’s client-focused culture by providing high quality customer service.
You’ll Be Responsible For:
• Assisting with client inquiries while delivering memorable service
• Using discretion and problem solving to own the client experience
• Contributing to optimal functionality by adhering to goals, policies, and procedures
• Providing personalized solutions by recognizing value add solutions
• Facilitating a culture of passion, accountability, and collaboration by being an active member of your team
• A broad knowledge of investment products and the procedures related to securities settlement
• Results-oriented, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with volumes dictated by market trends, client demands, and seasonal peaks
• Strong written and verbal English to ensure cooperative working relationships with clients
• The ability to utilize time-management and prioritization skills
• A positive attitude and excitement regarding learning new tasks and skills in order to keep up with changing environments/duties
Nice to Have
• Completed Canadian Securities (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) Courses
• Completed post-secondary education in Commerce/Business, or Financial Planning
• 1-2 years of work experience in a brokerage or Contact Centre
• Banking knowledge and/or experience
• Fluent in other languages (i.e. Cantonese, Mandarin, or French)
By Joining Our Team, You Will:
• Receive a competitive pay while gaining valuable industry knowledge
• Develop your communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Get the opportunity to advance your career through other roles within Wealth Management and Scotiabank
• Be a part of and contribute to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and potential
We value employee training and development. We provide comprehensive training for all successful candidates from Monday-Friday from 9am – 5pm, including standard 4 week onboarding training for all hires and an additional 7 week training for successful individuals who require support to complete their licencing (CSC, CPH) courses.
The Scotia iTRADE Contact Centre is open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday. Due to the nature of a contact centre environment, flexibility to work evening shifts is required.
What Scotiabank Stands For
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse, and accepting environment for all employees. Everyone is always treated with dignity; diverse backgrounds and experiences are what make us better as a whole. If you need specific accommodations during the hiring process let us know and we will work with you.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.